UV affect on spoons

Birdman

Hey guys I know some of you on here are quite the accomplished lure makers / painters so this question goes out to you...

Any tips on getting a purple UV / shiny silver look on spoons?

(silver horde has a spoon "purple haze" spoon that does a nice job of this btw)

I'm looking for a colour affect basically like the moon jelly tape flashers or tomics UV/iridescent body plugs - but with paint - I think paint looks more "natural".

a lot of my favorite hootchies have a clear UV belly then a silvery mylar skirt inside, so my idea is to try and get this same pattern onto some spoons...

I have used the UV blast spray and it gives the affect I want, but doesn't hold up long term and seems to tarnish and make the spoon go a weird colour (??)

thanx!!!

I'm not at all impressed with the UV Blast Clear Sealer Coat (or the spray).

They rate it as a final epoxy hard coat for spoons etc.....and it has the Uv in it.

I find that it comes off super-easy in flakes .....practically falls off after not too long......will scrape off easy with my fingernail.

Waste of time and money.

I more or less have given up refinishing spoons.....I just go buy them now......

I'm still into making custom hoochies....which is way less messy.......and less expensive.

Funny about spoons......sometimes you think you are fishing the wrong color.....but actually it's just the size.

Couple trips back I was fishing the exact same spoon on both sides behind the exact same flasher.

One side was a 3 1/2 inch spoon...the other side was a 4 inch.

All hits came on the 3 1/2"...the 4" got NADA..although they were identical.

Back