Used Verado 275

Good afternoon, I am looking for some information reguarding purchasing a used 275 2006 Verado with approx. 1900 hours. The powerhead was replaced with a remanufactured one maybe 600 hours ago. Everything checks out good except a bearing and seal in the lower unit that wouldn't be too bad to replace. I have a 2006 225 Mercury EFI (one of the ones that was made by Yamaha that were notorious for corrosion in the mid section exhaust, yet mine is not bad at all. Just had the leg off to inspect and change the water pump yesterday). Not sure if the 275 is a good route to re-power with. I would like the electronic controls that would be a nice feature to have for sure.

Any one have some insight? Thanks again for the help. Im new to marine engines and salt going boats as this is my first boat I have owned but not new to wrenching for a living.... mechanic by trade and all round like to work on the boat just slightly more than use it if anyone else is twisted like that o_O

I thought the last year for the exhaust corrosion for Yamaha was 2005,could be wrong.Quite a few of them were OK,I've owned 2 with no problems.If it's not showing any corrosion issues ,why change it out? I might be more worried about the Verado. I'm no mechanic,so wait for someone with more wrench time than me to answer.

I thought the last year for the exhaust corrosion for Yamaha was 2005,could be wrong.Quite a few of them were OK,I've owned 2 with no problems.If it's not showing any corrosion issues ,why change it out? I might be more worried about the Verado. I'm no mechanic,so wait for someone with more wrench time than me to answer.
Oh well thats comforting to know. Thats the kind of advice i was looking for but will see if someone has some good history on these models and maybe some direction. Thanks for the speedy reply!

Verado's are great engines. Smooth and quiet With 600 hours on the power head you have lots of life left in it. The superchargers had some issues however being a newer powerhead it will have all the updates.

Unless its a smoking cheap deal its still has 1900 hours id be more worried of the other parts, leg etc...

Unless its a smoking cheap deal its still has 1900 hours id be more worried of the other parts, leg etc...
It was a smoking deal. Very good points. Thanks for the help guys. I went to check compression today and 2 cylinders are 140 and the other 4 were 160psi. The leg also had some water. Gonna pass and look and for something else.

Back