USA 2016 Election - the countdown is on...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your scared of it because you've been told to be..
Another WOW! moment from a Trump supporter.

I don't even have a TV. Anyone who is familar w my posts knows that the last thing I will do - is what I have been told. I actually enjoy history - and enjoy studying the dynamics and negative personalities that were allowed to run amok in WWII (and WWI) that caused immeasurable suffering and death to millions on this planet - so that we can avoid governing that way again. It is difficult for me to express the admiration and respect I have for our veterans - alive and dead - that stopped that juggernaught by their lives - so that we could have a chance to not do that.

Thank you for the insights into the fear and ignorance prevalent in the Trump camp, Eastman. I guess naive people are indeed Trump's favourite prey :) Not the mature, responsible, moral traits I would demand for my leadership/governance structure.

Last edited:
Speaking of wits. Trumps main supporters are "uneducated middle class white males".

Just saying

Says liberal media. The same media that has made heterosexual white males the leading cause of the world's problems. I don't feel guilty about anything I've done, but maybe you have done some rotten stuff in your life which makes you feel guilty now. I don't know. That's for you to answer.

Big Bruce, if you think I'm trolling, maybe I am a little, but you guys just get so worked up at a difference of opinion. Even more so when I don't resort to name calling and just state my opinion/facts. So yea, I'm fine if you ignore me. But someone has to be the voice for the other half here, most guys on my side have given up with this, but I have time on my hands and couldn't care less what you guys think of me.

What I find hard to understand is how Clinton supporters don't see that she DID KNOW. It's either that or they don't care. One is naive. The other is hypocritical.
Even harder to understand how either candidate managed to get through their respective parties vetting system. Either the competition had even more, or larger skeletons in their closets, or potential candidates weren't vetted at all ( hard to believe), or the bar was set very low.

Shows you though in a system where party delegates , rather than the people,make the decision of who we, the public can vote for can go wrong. we have a similar system to a degree with our party insiders designating candidates!

Fortunately, as I said earlier, the President in the US can be controlled by congress so all is not lost, regardless of who wins the Presidential race. In some way, shape, or form,you have to hope that the average Americans common sense, intelligence and voice will come through.

Even harder to understand how either candidate managed to get through their respective parties vetting system. Either the competition had even more, or larger skeletons in their closets, or potential candidates weren't vetted at all ( hard to believe), or the bar was set very low.

Shows you though in a system where party delegates , rather than the people,make the decision of who we, the public can vote for can go wrong. we have a similar system to a degree with our party insiders designating candidates!

Fortunately, as I said earlier, the President in the US can be controlled by congress so all is not lost, regardless of who wins the Presidential race. In some way, shape, or form,you have to hope that the average Americans common sense, intelligence and voice will come through.

Agree 100%

Don't take me too serious guys. Just killing some time..

Eastmon, although I disagree with your Trumpism, and agree with Agent and others on this one, I applaud your continuing this debate. As one who has been accused of trolling and labelled poorly because most disagree with my stand on another issue, I hope you continue to voice your opinion.

But I hope Clinton smokes him on November 8 ...

Says liberal media. The same media that has made heterosexual white males the leading cause of the world's problems. I don't feel guilty about anything I've done, but maybe you have done some rotten stuff in your life which makes you feel guilty now. I don't know. That's for you to answer.

Big Bruce, if you think I'm trolling, maybe I am a little, but you guys just get so worked up at a difference of opinion. Even more so when I don't resort to name calling and just state my opinion/facts. So yea, I'm fine if you ignore me. But someone has to be the voice for the other half here, most guys on my side have given up with this, but I have time on my hands and couldn't care less what you guys think of me.

WTF? Now you even sound like Trump. Not making a bit of sense. Pointing fingers at some imaginary boogeyman from some imagined past. Like Trump the more you open your yap the more you put your foot in it.

You are probably right however I don't think any of the others suffered from a shortage a cash either! Heck most of them could have probably even afforded a welded aluminium boat!
Maybe that's it, came down to one or the other!

Ya, there seems to be such a focus on Trump this and Hilary that but the elephant in the room really should be how did they get into that situation!!! Stop focusing on these two candidates for they both clearly are the products of a horribly flawed situation. Something is seriously wrong down there with that country and neither of those candidates are to blame.

Eastmon, although I disagree with your Trumpism, and agree with Agent and others on this one, I applaud your continuing this debate. As one who has been accused of trolling and labelled poorly because most disagree with my stand on another issue, I hope you continue to voice your opinion.

But I hope Clinton smokes him on November 8 ...

Nice! Much appreciated.

My whole theme here is that this is just MY OPINION. I shake my head at why people would support Hillary, but I can't see where I have attacked anyone personally because of who they would rather see in power. Unfortunately that seems to be the common theme among liberals, they just go into attack mode when someone disagrees.

When the election happens, it will happen. This thread has really just been an exercise in mental masturbation, except for agentaqua, who relies on other people's work to try and prove his point. Lol , couldn't help myself!

The world works on difference, it's a sad thing liberals want, i.e. Everyone to think like them.

One thing I will agree with Eastmon on is this is of course an exercise in mental masturbation, but what such political discussion isnt? Doesnt stop anyone from engaging in it. Most people on this thread are Canadians, so have no vote in this cluster of a US election, but certainly will be affected by it. In Canada I am a Conservative, rarely voted anything else. I consider myself a small c conservative. I have no interest in telling people who they can get married to, have no use for religion, and believe in equal rights regardless of gender, race, sexual orientation. I also believe governments should live within their means over extended periods in order to preserve needed social programs and government services. Overall I'm for reducing tax burdens within reason but not just for top wage earners. This is not US conservatism. US conservatism is closely entwined with religious conservatism and its inherent hatred of people based on their sexual orientation or religion if it is not christian. If there is one thing this election has laid bare is the religious right's real push button issues which are racism and hatred of anything non white and non-christian (especially baptist Christian). Obviously they care little about their "family values" , as Trump has kids from 3 different marriages, and married one of his mistresses. His denigration of women really needs no mention but its not an issue for the right as the bible is OK with that. Eastmon is dead wrong that its a liberal media lie that Trumps support is concentrated in white poorly educated males. Every polling group, including Fox acknowledges that it is his demographic. It includes sunset industry workers who normally might vote democrat but feel left behind, and unfortunately without the education and skills to adapt they have been left behind. I have no particular love of Hillary Clinton, she isn't that likeable, she has accumulated some significant baggage from decades of political involvement. However she isn't a misogynist or a racist, and unlike trump can grasp policy issues. She doesn't attack everyone who disagrees with her, and has not tried to undermine the electoral legitimacy or admired authoritarian rule. I read an interesting article from a conservative that summed it up. Trump supporters do not want to be governed, they want to be ruled, ruled by a strongman who shares their philosophy of bigotry, and particularly denial of freedom of the press. That is a big one for Trumpers too. For that reason in the US I am NOT a conservative. I cant be, it means embracing the racism and bigotry which is always there as an undercurrent of US conservatism, but has been exploited as and inflamed as never before (at least in the US) by Donald Trump.

I voted a week and a half ago, so Im done for this election, I cant change my mind now. I'm not betting on the outcome Eastmon, I'm just hoping for the sake of my children Trump doesn't get elected. My son is 14, he would be draft age near the end of a trump presidency, and my daughter is female, which is more than enough to want to protect her against those like Trump.

Let's be honest here. You love it...
No, Eastmon - I certainly do NOT "love it". I am quite nervous - even a tad scared of the belligerence, racism, hatred, vitriol, instability and lack of decency, compassion, intelligence, rational thinking and love demonstrated through Trump's election platform. It is - in my mind - the very worst aspects of humans - and not only does the Trump campaign celebrate these dark aspects - but effectively uses these emotions to manipulate scared and disaffected voters/citizens. This is not a game, Eastmon - or a sporting event. I fear for the US post-election - and maybe even the rest of us here on spaceship Earth.

Talk about fear mongering.

From where I'm sitting, I've tried to explain my side of this story, the fact that no, Trump is not my choice for presidency, but I have so much disdain for Hillary I can look past his arrogance and take a gamble on him. Especially when he is the only one talking about structural reform.

You haven't grasped that and use it as an excuse to call me a racist, bigot, fascist when you don't know me at all. Hence my comment on you loving the fact you can try and talk down to someone. Note I used "try", pretty sure you are a little out of your league here. Remember my comment on having a battle of wits?... You come up quite short in this discussion.

You want to talk about division?! The US has in theory a democracy same as us up here in Canada. When this thread started I only had disdain for Hillary. With the way you guys treat people with a differing opinion, you can see that it's now not only a disdain for her but a big FU to her supporters as well. Talk about a way to galvanize support for your opposition when you disregard, discredit and dismiss them while calling them all sorts of crazy names. No intellectual debate, just straight into attack mode. As much as you don't like me, I vote, and if you exile me with the tactics you use, I will rail against you. You really need to think about that. Instead of attacking, try and find out why someone thinks differently to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back