Ucluelet Reports

N

NickS

Hi folks, new to the forum and will be in Ucluelet for 4 days of fishing beginning July 1 through August 3. Any new reports out of Ucluelet and surrounding areas? We fished up there last year the first week of September and didn't do very well, but we sure had fun and we love the Canadian hospitality (not to mention the Canadian beer :D) We fish mostly inside as four of us are in a 19 foot Smoker Craft. Would love to hear any location tips and other info. Thanks in advance.

Nick

Hello Nick, The wife and I are going up next week to Ucluelet. Plan on doing some sightseeing, laying around, shopping and fishing. We mostly fish at big bank but you should do well inside this year. All the reports I have read indicate that the fishing inside is very good right now. A 19 footer is a bit small for the outside so if you go out there be careful. We will be there until the 31st. Mooring at Isand West. Look for the 24' white Cierra. Good luck and tight lines. [:I]

we had a great weekend with our limits of everything, lots of hatchery coho to 8 LBs lots of small springs and tons of halis and lingcod, fished the big bank on saturday and then right outside of the harber on sunday, we only used flashers and hoochies both days, needle fish size in blood and bones and mint tulip were the ticket, we had our springs by 7 am yesterday 8 of em,

Great report! We'll be up in a few weeks and hope the fish are still out there for us.

Anyone been hooking into any big springs out there yet. Im heading out there this weekend and staying overnight for a day or two. Where have people been catching the bigger ones? Thanks

quote:Originally posted by herronjoe

We will be there until the 31st. Mooring at Isand West. Look for the 24' white Cierra. Good luck and tight lines. [:I]
We ar mooring at IW as well, and staying there. Will look for you and say "hi." Thanks, and good luck!

The fishing out of Ukee of late has been GREAT!! Best action and consistency has been on the Big Bank. Shallow Spot for swift flat ones, then drag the mud along the edges for your chrome. Largest for me to date was a 36 lb spring, still hunting Walter [}:)]

Closer to the dock, the Red Can tack has produced some decent fish of late, and the inside edge of the South Bank has been relatively consistent for shiney ones.

All I've been running for the springs/coho is my custom Oki blades, followed at 4 feet by Silver Horde 24K gold hammered spoons in 4 and 5 inch. In a word, DEADLY!!! :D

Good Luck, and ENJOY your visit to our neck of the woods. If you feel like a BS & Brew session one eve, stop by the red 40' troller "Storm Dancer" in Ukee's main boat basin. She's berthed 2nd boat back on the first finger.

Cheers,
Nog

Just came back from 3 weeks off. Lots of big fish on the inside or just in the surfline in front of Ukee. Our biggest Spring was 35 lbs. Also we caught a Northern Cohoe on the inside, 14+lbs. Caught most big Springs on green & white Hoochie. Spoons with Orange colour seemed to work better near end of trip .
Good luck shaking your Hoochie.
Slick

Just got back from ukee,What a great day on the big pond.A low west swell and not a ripple.We bagged 3 springs 16,18,24 one on a big ugly spoon and the other two on chovie.All at south bank.Coho everywhere but not one hatchery out of 20 released.The coho where all 6 - 8 lb average..A humpback whale was doing full out of the water jumps about 400 meters from us.Great day to be a west coaster.PS. If you fish bait? bring lots.The coho will clean you out.....

Back