Tyler Boats Build!

I'm a little worried about water coming up the walkway as its only 8" off the water but its on a good angle so it will drain nice. If you every take a greeny the scuppers are 9" wide be 28" hi so water will not be there long. What do you think when you pitching and rolling will water get up the walkways onto the fishing deck?

I think I saw you passing through Chilliwack around 3 Saturday afternoon. Boat looked pretty good. Too bad I was heading west after a long day fixing stuff on the Jetboat,I would

yep that was me came through the sumas border piece of cake!!! The hope princeton was in great shape!! I got a few mod to do on the boat but will get here full operation soon. Took it out for another sea trial hit 38mph with the twin suzuki and 22mph with one 90 shut off and trimmed up. I like the fact that it can get home with one motor if I need.

Hey JAC: Congrats on the build and launch. I must say though as you mentioned, that I too have concerns regarding the stern setup but my concerns are with the access and proximity of the engines to the water in rough or following seas. I'm sure I'm missing something there and all is well, it's just not a design I've seen before. All the best and thanks for sharing a fantastic thread.;) eman

here is a pic of the calcutta 26' cat it has a fold down transom door.

calcutta1.jpg

here is some pics of a Butt Cat funny name build for sport and comercial fishing in Africa. They have a wide open transom so when you take a big wave over the bow the water goes striaght out. I know not go for hali fishing but I will fish in the front so I will be in and out of gear going forward so bow into the current.
buttcat2.png

I dont know about rough water yet but the access to the motors is great there is a 9" walkaround deck with a hand rail to the stern pretty great. The access to the anchor could not be better.

Those designs are pretty interesting to say the least. I would have to take a second look before hopping aboard an open transom boat like those...but they obviously made it back to the dock for the pictures soooo...

Pretty impressed with what you can do with just one motor on that hull!

After some more thought I will be adding sides along the walkway maybe 8 to 12" high. I will leave the transom open still because I think that is a good idea. The good thing about metal boats as you can add what ever you like. I was really happy with the performace if I drop a pitch or 2 on the prop It may go faster. cruzing I was burning 5.5 galleons an hour for boats motors I thought that was great!

now that you got her home, next time you are around kelowna, lemme know and ill get you that cleaning kit. Now, the question remains, what are you going to name her?

I'm going to put sides on the walkway. But the walkway is really easy to walk around far less dangerous the walking to the bow of my stabicraft to set the anchor

Looks a great Aluminum Boat! I have 1032 JON Hunting boat!

Back