Tyler Boats Build!

Nah. It's been almost a month since I've been out. I'll try and get out before I leave to Saskatoon in the new year. There's been a few nice ones caught recently.

Here is a pic of the downrigger wires, he welded a tube so that the deck stays totally self bailing

16989e62c524dcb8a0b2a42ee90067fc.jpg

Here is a new pic of the stern they are almost done all the wiring and electrical.
2304921bebf73baa28709c4a8a332d77.jpg

Here a pic of the whole boat the downriggers mounts are on, you can see how big the deck area the house is 8 feet long. Still need some rails and paint but its starting to come together!
934fe17a47d4d4d2995ee3fd72648787.jpg

Looking good! Stupid question perhaps, but are the motors that far apart from each other that way for balance and efficiency due to that type of hull?

Also, I assume you are going to use long booms on the downriggers?

Can't wait to see it on the water.

It's a catamaran so the motor are centred on each sponson. If you run a single motor on a cat you can mount it Center on the catamaran but then you don't have a keel for protection against debris, longs! Yes I have 60 inch riggers but I don't think I will have to worry much the riggers are along way from the motors. Most kickers are mounted on the side and sometimes very close to the side of the boat and downriggers.

I don't get a vote, but I vote no paint or just bottom paint - if you need it. Looking good!

I will have zolotone paint inside the house. I will have non skid epoxy paint on the deck and that's it for paint. Will do a few vinyl graphics and name on the house. One of the reasons of going aluminm is toughness and I don't want to worry about rock chips on the bow going to Bella coola on the 60km gravel road. I also dont want to have to worry about dock rash so there will be no paint or vinyl on any part of the hull that gets near the dock.

I will have zolotone paint inside the house. I will have non skid epoxy paint on the deck and that's it for paint. Will do a few vinyl graphics and name on the house. One of the reasons of going aluminm is toughness and I don't want to worry about rock chips on the bow going to Bella coola on the 60km gravel road. I also dont want to have to worry about dock rash so there will be no paint or vinyl on any part of the hull that gets near the dock.

Sounds perfect. Chips, flaking and rash are inevitable from what I've seen on my pal's welded aluminum boat. I'm sure others are happy with their paint jobs though.

no "fur" on the inside to prevent condensing?

I may put some'fur' on myself down the road but as for now no. The builder call the paint he is using in the house anti sweat paint so Im guessing its going to help a bit.

Gauges are mounted of the pillar they are suzuki SMIS the monitor the engine plus complete fuel management fuel tank level, mpg, GPH. Pretty neat
a7612c306ecfc85dc7dabececb3bbe30.jpg

It need som colour on the side I will do some graphics down the road to spruce it up a bit!

I will be brining home in a couple days this was the test run for the builder!

Back