Tunes/Stereo

twinwinds

I just installed stereo system on boat today. Was just wondering if anyone has tunes playing while fishing? I never hear any out there...........
Does it affect the way you fish? just curious............
I fish with a buddy who says he never seems to catch fish when his is turned on.
who knows........

watch some of my vids on utube, search "islandfishlifter". It should answer your question.

nootkalasttrip015.jpg

Fill the dam tub!

Just stay away from songs that contain whales sounds ;)

i listen to tunes, but only while the main motor is running, which is mainly to and from the fishing hole. I don't want to work the battery too hard because i am scared to kill it while on the water. I have a new marine battery, but no chances.

i know my grandfather runs his off a seperate battery and charges it once in a while by connecting it to the cranking battery in line, this works well and lasts alot longer then i expected.

-steve

Got myself a stereo off eBay a couple of years ago. Included the radio/CD and 2 marine speakers plus an enclosure and a Sirius radio. I've ended up getting the subscription to Sirius and it's great on the water.

TenMile
<'((((><

I just bought a CD player off used Victoria then bought marine enclosure at west marine with 4 marine speakers.....Satellite Radio sounds like a great idea.

always fish with music, its proven to increase your catch rate ;)
I have a boat stereo but I bring an ipod stereo out most days just to take the stress of the boat battery.

quote:Originally posted by Island Fish Lifter

quote:Originally posted by Charlie

I believe a 4 Watt radio will have between 7 & 8 Amp draw?
yea, maybe at max volume.
I do NOT beleive that to be a correct statment... you need to look up how much a 4 Watt radio draws! [}:)]

Plug it in to your OHM'S law calculator! :D:D

Ok since amps x volts = watts, you do the math.

nootkalasttrip015.jpg

Fill the dam tub!
I would but I see I left the 0 of the 40 and it says 4 rather than 40 watts [B)]

Do they even mak a 4 Watt radio for autos/boats? :D

BTW... it would be Watts divided by Volts = Amps, wouldn't it? ;)

thats 40 watts at max volume. Thats about 3 amps. Im not going to argue with you any further. You give the tech advice from now on, Ill just lurk.

nootkalasttrip015.jpg

Fill the dam tub!

thats 40 watts at max volume. Thats about 3 amps. Im not going to argue with you any further. You give the tech advice from now on, Ill just lurk.

Sheesh! Relax, You are way to young to be having a heart attack! :)
And, I don't claim to know anything about electronics either! I just made a comment about how much power I thought a freck'n radio would pull?

I am not going to spend days trying to find you a 40 Watt, maybe they don't make them? But here are some figures for a 50 Watt.

Built-in Speaker Power MOSFET 50W x 4
Continuous Power Output 22W x 4 </u>
If you want... you can "google", it!
So, if I understand right? [?]

That would be 22W x4 = 88 Divided by 12.6 = 6.984126 Amps Continuous Power ?? It MUST be a stero and have multible channels and speakers to drive, eh? Now if you want, I beleive you can turn your volume up and really increase it from there?? But, what do I know... sounds to me like a radio will probably use between 7 an 8 amps, if you turn it up loud enought to hear it?

Are you an apprentice or journey man? [}:)]

And I would be very okay, if you would stop arguing with me everytime I make a post! [:0]

So i am not a expert on these matters but i have 4 3way 6x9 sony speakers with a Kenwood deck 50 watt x 4.
So i am thinking having that turned up for any amount of time is gonna suck the juice pretty quick?.......Might not be using it that much after all! or keep switching batteries as to keep a charge in one of them at all times.

Cheers

I went with a portable type stereo from Wal_Mart. It also plays DVD's and has a screen on it for watching movies, and it takes a regular CD, an MP3, .AVI, and many more file formats. It has a slot for USB cards, so you can load up new music whenever you want and you could have another one for movies/videos. It also has a slot for the memory cards from your digital camera's, you can plug it into a normal TV and view your pics, or movies on a big screen as well. Best friggin invention ever for a portable!! It also takes c batteries if your worried about drain. I get about 12-14 hours on a set of batteries. $150:D

Take only what you need.
3641877346_d9919f98d0.jpg

Back