Tuna trade: take us tuna fishing WCVI and we'll take you fishing out of Masset

Hannes

Background:
My partner convinced me to buy a place in Masset this past April. We had our old boat over there last summer and had a blast learning the waters and enjoying the fantastic fishing that Haida Gwaii has to offer. We're building a new boat over the winter and will be hauling a 23.5 foot Hourston over in the spring.

We really want to get into the tuna game in general, but specifically on Haida Gwaii. We've got friends at Langara so we could easily break the trip into two days with a refuel/fish around Langara. By my calculations, we're looking at 65 miles one way to the tuna grounds from where we launch.

Idea:
There's clearly a lot to learn and we had the idea of finding a tuna buddy on Vancouver Island: if someone fishes tuna out of WCVI, we'd arrange to take them chinook fishing out of Masset, put 'em up and everything if we could go out tuna fishing and learn a few things on a separate trip to Vancouver Island. If no one's interested, we'll just charter but this seemed like a decent proposition. Lots of folks dream of fishing Haida Gwaii, and we're dreaming of tuna fishing! I feel like we'd learn more on a "fun" fishing boat over a charter boat where it's all business and everything is done for you.

Shoot me a message if you're interested.

Background:
My partner convinced me to buy a place in Masset this past April. We had our old boat over there last summer and had a blast learning the waters and enjoying the fantastic fishing that Haida Gwaii has to offer. We're building a new boat over the winter and will be hauling a 23.5 foot Hourston over in the spring.

We really want to get into the tuna game in general, but specifically on Haida Gwaii. We've got friends at Langara so we could easily break the trip into two days with a refuel/fish around Langara. By my calculations, we're looking at 65 miles one way to the tuna grounds from where we launch.

Idea:
There's clearly a lot to learn and we had the idea of finding a tuna buddy on Vancouver Island: if someone fishes tuna out of WCVI, we'd arrange to take them chinook fishing out of Masset, put 'em up and everything if we could go out tuna fishing and learn a few things on a separate trip to Vancouver Island. If no one's interested, we'll just charter but this seemed like a decent proposition. Lots of folks dream of fishing Haida Gwaii, and we're dreaming of tuna fishing! I feel like we'd learn more on a "fun" fishing boat over a charter boat where it's all business and everything is done for you.

Shoot me a message if you're interested.

If you don't have any takers on the forum it might be worth trying on a Washington or Oregon board.
More consistent weather opportunities and sometimes shorter runs than the limited opportunities of WCVI.

Back