Trolling Motor

seascene

Crew Member
Anyone vouch for a good brand of trolling motor about 50lbs transom mount for my inflatable .. thanks (or have one for sale?)

Minn-Kota ... Far and away the best…. I have been running them on my trout boats for the best part of 40 years now. Currently have their 40 lb Maxxum “Maximizer” on my Lund SSV-16. Works just fine for my needs. I don’t think that you will need anything bigger than that for your inflatable.

Much appreciated PaceMaker ... exactly tried and tested feed back. Going on line now so see about where and how much.... have a good one.

BTW.... that is a bow thruster I believe .... need a transom mount short shaft so am guessing MK would have same unit but rigged for transom... will check it out...

Tyee Marine in Campbell River sells them, or used to at least. That's where I got my currant one from about 10+ years ago. They probably still sell them now, and are very good to deal with. Mine is not a bow thrust model. It is definitely a transom mount with tiller controls. Just exactly what you are looking for, but this one is not for sale. Model names may have changed somewhat since I bought this one. I can send photo's if you need.

Once again... thanks for the get back... have seen the model on line and am checking out my local marine dealers... cheers!

Anyone vouch for a good brand of trolling motor about 50lbs transom mount for my inflatable .. thanks (or have one for sale?)
I have a 7yr old minn kota 55lb thrust 5 forward speeds and 3 reverse that might be for sale in Port Alberni.

Have to speak with my brother, we shared the motor. He is out of town but will be back this weekend if you can hold on.

Are you using it in saltwater or just fresh? I believe a saltwater series would be a better bet if you are,not sure though as I've only ever used my 55lb thrust in fresh.

Have to speak with my brother, we shared the motor. He is out of town but will be back this weekend if you can hold on.
P.S.... I am headed to Comox Harbour Thursday but weekend ok for sure unless a phone call would work for your bro. Thanks....

Back