Trim tabs with a pod question

Paul Burak

I have a weld up aluminum with a pod on the back the pod is not the full width of the boat. The bow likes to lift easy. So I was thinking if I put tabs on it would drive the bow down. But since the tabs would go on the outside of the boat the pod would be out past them would they still work properly.

YES THEY WILL WORK FINE. THIS IS THE STANDARD CONFIURATION OF OEM DESIGNS WITH THE O/B POD OPTION. GO FOR IT, you’ll like it.

Hey Paul... I've got Lectra trim tabs on my Hewescraft Searunner 220 which has an extended transom (pod). Its very effective at controlling the bow after I make the initial adjustments with the motor trim. Also, great for fine tuning the trim to get the maximum fuel economy... my fuel flow gauge shows that. What's your boat length?

Nahmint is the pod on your searunner the full width of your boat or only half. Mine is only half

with my Searunner "extended transom"... its what they call them... the bottom of the boat that extends is 22 1/2" on each side from the keel. That leaves 14" on each side, which is where my trim tabs are located.

Hope that helps...

I should add that I have only 9.5 hours on the boat, so I'm still in the process of seeing what she can really do. But, so far, I'm quite impressed with the trim tabs.... as per the instructions, only slight adjustments are recommended, and I found that the boat reacts nicely to those changes...

We rig that way all the time at Eagle Craft works awesome....

Cheers

FunFisher_com.jpg

Back