Transom Saver?

ElectricDyck

I have an 115/80 jet on my boat and just got a jack plate and prop bottom end installed with the plan of switching back and forth as needed, jet for the rivers, prop for the ocean....I've never owned a prop boat...with the jet I just rolled around with the motor down...now I need to tilt it up.

Can anybody recomend a transom saver thats not junk? Or just a motor support? Im not worried about my thick aluminum transom breaking...

Last edited:
I have a motor support for my Yamaha 115 which is simply a hardened rubber sleeve that slides over the port-side trim ram piston and prevents the motor from lowering more than 45 degrees from above vertical. Yamaha sells one for their motors, M-Y WEDGE is another manufacturer that fits most other outboards, you didn’t mention your brand of motor.

Cool yeah I decided against a transom saver..as I dont think its needed and ended up lowering the Mercury motor on a piece of 2x4 to take the wait off the hydraiulics..Ill see if I can find something similar for the Mercury outboard.

I have a motor support for my Yamaha 115 which is simply a hardened rubber sleeve that slides over the port-side trim ram piston and prevents the motor from lowering more than 45 degrees from above vertical. Yamaha sells one for their motors, M-Y WEDGE is another manufacturer that fits most other outboards, you didn’t mention your brand of motor.
Not the same intent or effect as a transom saver though.

Back