Transom Rebuild 228 grady

Here is one with the engines on.Just noticed in the pic I have to install some rub rail too.

Attachments

• transom with motors.jpg
    transom with motors.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 246
Last edited by a moderator:
That looks awesome SK01, I just looked back to your 1st pics and you have done good work.

So close to being done, then my steering cylinder decided I haven't spent enough money. Lots of clean-up of gelcoat and most likely going to do some better colour match on the gel coat, when I get time. Love the outboard rigging hose it cleaned up the transom.

I cleaned up the inside of my cuddy and boat with a garden hose last nite, there was fiberglass dust everywhere, hopefully the cuddy dries before I need to sleep in it.

Attachments

• inside transom.JPG
    inside transom.JPG
    96.7 KB · Views: 229
nice work on plowing through that job! The next slab to come over the side is going to make it all worth while!

First trip out since the revamped transom and love it! Having the full transom is great, safer and reduces noise from the engine. The new floor drains worked out well the only thing I disliked was having to put a thru hull on the side that is right at the waterline for the drain because that is how low the floor is and yes it is a stainless fitting with a scupper and shut off valve. However still think its a better to have the thru hull out the side than more holes in the transom. Anyone have suggestions to get my floor clean where I have fiberglass resin on my floor?? Scraping is ok but time consuming??

It's a splash
Great to hear, and on fathers day to boot.
Congrats on the repairs, and thanks for posting.
Don't know much about fiberglass but doesn't the resin break down under UV?
Might just let it sit in the sun for a few weeks and that might help.

After all this work letting the resin break down under the uv sounds great, gotta admit all the posts about fishing in Campbell and Kitty Coleman was my drive to get this done and thanks to everyone for their input on this thread. Now onto the L.E.D install(next week)!

Just installed some led night lights,SWEEEEEEET!!!!!!!

That's a nice addition. Your going to love them. I like to be able to see what I'm doing in the wee hours of the morning heading out with out disturbing other boats around me. Oh yeah there cool too lol.

Just installed some led night lights,SWEEEEEEET!!!!!!!

Both yours and Sculpins boats look just deadly with the LED Night lights....soo how bout a link to where us other folks can get set-up the same!

Scupls, where did you get the hella-bright radar arch LED's you converted to? We always work in the dark...something I'd like to change on me rig!

-Fb

I looked at those Rigid Industry lights at the Seattle boat show. They are serious lights for sure. Bombproof.

Back