Transducer

Corbin where did you get your teak and holly plywood? Are you doing under the dinnette too?
Are the hatch hinges dado’d in or on top?
It looks really nice

West Wind hardwood. It's the 1.2 mm veneer, still gives you room to sand in all the edges. Yes, dinette has been removed and recovered, solid teak in front, cheaper and easier than more ply.

Hinges are cut in. It was going to be crazy to make a jig so I just free styled it with a small router - major pucker, one slip and... They're not perfect, but I plan remove the hinges and handles prior to applying the last coat of PU which should smooth things out a bit. As it is you have to get up real close to see that the router work is not perfect, I am fussy.

I had to order my PU from back east, needed more and it got delayed, chomping to get that last coat on - first week next month. I'm using Epifanes 2 part clear Poly/varnish - stuff is really hard. Poly is on top of three coats of epoxy.

Attachments

• plugs.jpg
    plugs.jpg
    261.2 KB · Views: 94
Well looks really good well done. I toyed with the idea of putting in the teak and holly but ended up with all new carpet and am happy with it. I took everything out too. It comes apart quite easily. Also re-oiled all the interior teak with linseed oil.

2005, D4-210. Boat is in great shape, just want some updates. New fabric and canvas coming as well.

I may still go with the 175m,
So mine is a 2005 as well. I have the D4 260hp's though. Can hit 42 mph. Have owned it since 2017. Did your bottom paint come blue or black? Mine was blue but changed to black last year and looks so much better.
We changed all the green carpet to a nut brown and reupholstered everything in a cream ultra leather. I also put in a new Bentley helm seat with arm rests. Its like a new boat. Your new floor will give it a yacht feel!
Are you changing the canvas color? I was thinking of going to a Navy Blue. I have a full cockpit canvas cover with solar panels on top. Was going to remove them but was amazed at how much power they put out. At anchor I can have everything on that I need and still charge the batteries. Its about 200 watts in full sun.
I enjoy working on the boat. Do as much as I can myself. Looks like you do to.
Cheers!
IMG_8072 (Medium).jpg IMG_7309 (Medium).jpeg IMG_5433 (2) (Medium).jpeg IMG_5625 (2) (Medium).jpeg IMG_4952 (Medium).jpeg IMG_0691 (Medium).jpeg

My paint came blue, but I changed to black. We are reupholstering too, looks like it will be about the same colour - still waiting on fabric. I have re-oiled the teak that has come out and will be doing the rest once I get the floor finished, I wet sand with 400 and the oil, messy, but clean and smooth as...
We are getting all new canvas too - black. I have four 100 watt panels that will be installed on the bimini. We are in a shed so I don't plan on lowering my bimini, it will be a good solid structure.

How do you like the seat? I like sitting there with my back against the wall, is that possible? Which model and where did you get it?

My 210's are great, but more power is always nice. I burn about 12 gallons imperial per hour at 20 knots - 2900 rpm, how about you?

Your boat looks great, super choice on the carpet. I like your engine room lighting too - adding that to the list...

So mine is a 2005 as well. I have the D4 260hp's though. Can hit 42 mph. Have owned it since 2017. Did your bottom paint come blue or black? Mine was blue but changed to black last year and looks so much better.
We changed all the green carpet to a nut brown and reupholstered everything in a cream ultra leather. I also put in a new Bentley helm seat with arm rests. Its like a new boat. Your new floor will give it a yacht feel!
Are you changing the canvas color? I was thinking of going to a Navy Blue. I have a full cockpit canvas cover with solar panels on top. Was going to remove them but was amazed at how much power they put out. At anchor I can have everything on that I need and still charge the batteries. Its about 200 watts in full sun.
Cheers!
View attachment 42944 View attachment 42945 View attachment 42946 View attachment 42947 View attachment 42948 View attachment 42949

That’s an awesome looking boat you have there. Things dreams are made of. Well done, and well looked after.

Oly

My paint came blue, but I changed to black. We are reupholstering too, looks like it will be about the same colour - still waiting on fabric. I have re-oiled the teak that has come out and will be doing the rest once I get the floor finished, I wet sand with 400 and the oil, messy, but clean and smooth as...
We are getting all new canvas too - black. I have four 100 watt panels that will be installed on the bimini. We are in a shed so I don't plan on lowering my bimini, it will be a good solid structure.

How do you like the seat? I like sitting there with my back against the wall, is that possible? Which model and where did you get it?

My 210's are great, but more power is always nice. I burn about 12 gallons imperial per hour at 20 knots - 2900 rpm, how about you?

Your boat looks great, super choice on the carpet. I like your engine room lighting too - adding that to the list...
Well looks really good well done. I toyed with the idea of putting in the teak and holly but ended up with all new carpet and am happy with it. I took everything out too. It comes apart quite easily. Also re-oiled all the interior teak with linseed oil.
Maybe we should start a Commander thread :cool:

We have very similar boats and tastes Corbin! I'm in a boat house as well.

The seat I have is the Patriot. I have lower back issues and this seat is very comfortable with good lumbar support. With both arms you are locked in which is great in rough seas.
I added a Raymarine autopilot last year and in rough weather I can set a course and then sit back and just keep watch. In 2017 we had a 5 1/2 hour trip from Victoria to Bamfield . It was rough and foggy and never saw land until we turned into the inlet. You kind of get white knuckled driving like that so the autopilot really reduces the strain. Having said all that I don't think you could sit sideways in it. For me its a huge improvement over the factory seat.

https://bentleysmfg.com/patriot/

Black canvas will look very sharp. Have you though about replacing your wind screen? Later boats with black trim and canvas had a smoke colour screen instead of the blue. Not sure where you would get one made though.
Engine room lights are LED strips from Princes Auto. They are 4 of them front, back, port and starboard. They are very bright and are sure nice when working down there.

Here is my fuel burn as per my LED display readout, RPM and MPH.
So I do 2700 rpm at 26 knots burning 12.5
Or 2900 rpm at 29 knots burning 14.
2700 to 3000 rpm is pretty much the same 2.4 nmpg.
Barry has a single D6 370 and gets way worse performance than both of us. His boat would be about 800 pounds lighter in the back end too.
He wishes he went with twins. Lots of room in his engine room though! ha ha

Fuel burn.PNG

Sir Reel, that engine room shot is a beauty, keep that up along with the regular maintenance and you will be good. Clean, organized helps so much with preventative maintenance. Nice boat!

Thanks RG! I spent quite a few hours on hands and knees and stomach getting it that way! Was in good shape when I bought it but just needed some TLC.
Sure makes it nice to work on.

Last edited:
I will be replacing the windscreen. Acrylic is easy to work with, I will buy a piece from Industrial Plastics and use the old one as a template.

Got all the new carpet in the V-birth done today, bear of a job.

I will be looking at seats at the boat show.

I'm envious of your engine performance, just have to remind myself that I really have nothing to complain about.

Sir Reel,

I was at the boat show today, Morley says hello.

I pulled the trigger on the SS175HW, consensus was that it will be best for what I do. Harbour Chandler in Nanaimo came in with the best price that I could find anywhere -just under 1800.

I will let you know how the install goes.

Sir Reel,

I was at the boat show today, Morley says hello.

I pulled the trigger on the SS175HW, consensus was that it will be best for what I do. Harbour Chandler in Nanaimo came in with the best price that I could find anywhere -just under 1800.

I will let you know how the install goes.
I chatted with Morley for a couple of hours on Friday. Great guy and sure knows a lot!
There was another 30 owner there as well. Eric. He is in Nanaimo and has a 2007 with twin 260’s like mine. But he has 2200 hours on them! Goes up to Rivers Inlet and Shearwater area to fish. One of my bucket list items.
I am going with the B175HW as well. My haul out is in April so will install then.
Have ordered all the Garmin gear now too
I talked with industrial plastics about a new windscreen. 4 x 8 sheet is about $3oo but the current windscreen is 10’ and even at an angle won’t fit. So would have to get a larger sheet for more money.

I chatted with Morley for a couple of hours on Friday. Great guy and sure knows a lot!
There was another 30 owner there as well. Eric. He is in Nanaimo and has a 2007 with twin 260’s like mine. But he has 2200 hours on them! Goes up to Rivers Inlet and Shearwater area to fish. One of my bucket list items.
I am going with the B175HW as well. My haul out is in April so will install then.
I talked with industrial plastics about a new windscreen. 4 x 8 sheet is about $3oo but the current windscreen is 10’ and even at an angle won’t fit. So would have to get a larger sheet for more money.
Don't use plastic it will scratch and flex way too much maybe even pop right out I'm a glazer text me I'll give some advice Ian 604-728-3586

There is another provider of acrylic in Vancouver. I bought a sheet one inch thick that was almost half the price of IP. I will look into it and let you know.Floor.jpg Hatches.jpg Galley.jpg

Cheers!
View attachment 42944 View attachment 42945 View attachment 42946 View attachment 42947 View attachment 42948 View attachment 42949

@Sir Reel your interior updates look great. Game changer for how the boat feels inside. Well done.

You have done a beautiful job on the floor! Well done. Nice hatch struts too. :) Nice to see you installed them the right way too. Makes a big difference in opening them eh?
Have you considered upgrading the counter tops? I looked at doing Corian but it looks too complicated the way the counter is built. I still don’t understand why the counter above the garbage can is lower than the rest. Why can’t it all be one height?
Not sure if you saw the Corian counters in the 38 at the boat show but it sure gives it a nice modern look. I also looked at just putting arborite on. Would be easier.

Back