Trailer bearing kits question

Clipper

I want to carry a spare trailer bearing kit with me for those longer trips but am not sure what size I need. Trailer is a 2010 Roadrunner 3000 single axel. Anybody know what spindle size I need? Thanks.

Rather than carrying the bearing kit, I have a spare hub with inner bearing and seal already installed and the outer bearing. A spare hub is not very expensive, around $50. This makes it a lot easier and faster should you have a bearing fail. Call Roadrunner and give them the model number and they should be able to tell you what you need. They are in Richmond.

When the boat is off the trailer look at the seal at the back side of the hub.

If the seal is red its 1 1/16th inner and outter bearings.
If the seal is green its 1 1/16th and 1 3/8th bearing.

Got this info from Daigle Boats in CR. Just last week for a new Road Runner axle. Good thing I wrote it down. The other thing you can do is call Road Runner with your serial number they will tell you every thing you could ever want to know about your trailer.

I just installed Disc Brakes on the 2005 model of the same trailer. I did not like the supplied bearings so I have 2 sets from the Kodiak kit. They are fine for a backup. I only need one, if you want the other, it is yours. Hopefully the trailer gods will bless me with good karma. I'm in CR. PM me for contact number.

Thanks guys for the great info. Thanks Seawolf but I like the spare hub idea and have a call into RR for info. Love this site!

No problem, on that trailer, it is a spare 10 inch drum you need, Daigle has them, common size. A bit of a bear to haul around though. Keep in mind the Drums are good for 5 years. At that point you do not want to be trying to take it off at the side of the road. I flushed religiously. With drums, you have to adjust them manually at least once a year, and always make sure you releive the master cylinder when uncoupling. Otherwise at year 6, you will have a hell of a time getting the drums off or the wheels to rotate. The seal is green, 1 1/16 and 1 3/8 this. The offer is there if you change you mind.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Seawolf. I'm pretty conscientious about flushing after every dip in the chuck as well but they still rust. Gonna pull the wheels and hubs today and have a look inside. No surprises I hope.

Back