today in sooke

tubbed out

Hit the chuck with my wife today , first time .....
went to Cheanuh ,fished frasor, wolf ,,,area
Got a small one 5 lbs or so softly released it thinking I got a shot at more ,,, then nada ,,, lit I was headed out and I missed a good wack .

The guy beside we had a great day , four in a hour up to 12 or so
I think he had other fish on . All others were catching the odd one

maybe i should have tried the bait buster

what were you using?? Depth,leader length, etc?

Any loose boats in the bay after the storm? I heard it got to 156 km/h at race rocks...yikes!!

saw that boat as well ,

fished 120-140 green and chrome spoon ,and an aray of hoochies basicly used what had worked the past few times .
the fella doing well was nice enough to tell me 115 ft but nada

Last C , I saw your boat at the marina

beauty day nice to get out with my wife

did manage 4 nice crabs , really big rockers

had stuffed mushroom caps last nite

was anyone else out at sun ????

HAs anyone ever tried the bait buster ??????

before I had my own boat I fish Sidney will a guy I know , he did well some days with green and gold , might just give it a try

Started fishing the bait buster in 2005 and it was the hottest lure in water. Caught everything with it. Even outfished bait on a consistant basis. However, 2006, couldn't even get one fish on it. Granted this past year was a tough year for near shore fishermen.
Be interesting to see how it works this year.
Green/silver and/or green/gold were the best colors in 5"

quote:Originally posted by tubbed out

HAs anyone ever tried the bait buster ??????

I've used 'em offshore for Coho, when they are feeding they will hit anything, and the ability of tuning it's roll lets me troll at 5-7 knots to cover lots of ground, and, for lack of better words, "git'er done" when I have people on board. The big spoons/plugs pop off the clips too easily at that speed, cause I use braided line, and don't feel like stuffing a toothpick into the release clip for Coho..

They should work good for Winters, the winters are such an aggressive little fish, but for myself, spoons. Wal-Mart has the Gypsies on sale right now too, I grabbed handfulls because the ones I don't have luck with get stuck to Christmas cards that I sent to my guests :D.. They love it.

Thought I would give an update. Fished Whirl Bay and Bedfords today from 0900 to 1200 and kept two around 6-8 lbs. Killer whales out front of Beachy when I first got out. They then worked their way around in front of Fraser Island, then Bedfords and when I left they were moving towards Church Rock. Fishing seemed slower than past days.

Back