To "part out" or sell intact, ah, that is the question for my 19 foot glasply

jimbob

I just blew up my 150 hp yamaha 2 stroke Saltwater Series motor which has served me well for many years on my 19 foot glasply hardtop. As I have become less mobile recently I have reluctantly come to the conclusion that repowering my boat does not make sense. So I need to get on with selling the old gal (called "Muppets" - I owe Roy for the choice of names). My question, however, is should I attempt to sell it as a package or should I "part it out"?

If I parr it out would be able to offer the following components for sale:

*9.9 hp yamaha kicker 2012 with about 300 hours on it;

*Lowrance Elite 5 chartplotter sounder (2 months old)

*Lowrance LCX 18c chartplotter

*Hydraulic steering conversion kit

*power lift kit for kicker

*radio

*washdown pump system

*trim tabs

*rocket launcher style roof rack for 6 rods

*2 scotty electric downriggers

*various salvageable parts off the 150 yamaha

*19 foot glasply hull which would be a project boat I guess

*bunk style boat trailer

Sooooo......should I sell this as a package or as parts? Comments are most welcome.

jimbob

What kind of condition is the boat in? If it's still a solid boat with life left in it I'm sure there are plenty of guys that would re power it if you sell it for a decent price, my self included

^ same opinion here. Older boat with blown engine says "project boat" to most people, they'll want a rock bottom price so they can keep cash in reserve for the replacement engine. Also the older hull will be suspect to most buyers, they'll expect to spend money on restoration work. The overall result will be a lot of lowball offers, people will be happy to see the downriggers, kicker and lift, trim tabs, radio etc, but won't pay more than about 20 cents on the dollar for them. Sell the kicker and lift as one unit, that's easy. So are the downriggers. The engine could be parted out, but a call to a marine wrecker would put money in your pocket quickly; it's surely worth zero if sold with the hull. Items installed into the hull are a bit more tricky, the trim tabs, radio and washdown pump all have value in their own right, but plenty of boaters wouldn't know how to install them and would assign less value as a result. Therefore the market for them is smaller and sales would take longer.

From a fellow 19' Glasply owner to another, let's see some pictures! With the provisions already there for an outboard the package might be worth selling. With the dollar the way it is, there is a large number of guys in Washington State that would love that boat. Are you a member on glasply.org?

Thanks for the helpful comments everyone.. I have decided to part out the boat. Pictures are delayed because mobility is an issue for me with the boat being in Sooke and me being in Victoria. I will try to get pictures up this week. For starters I am asking $2700 for the hull and trailer and motor (blown powerhead). The hull and transom are sound albeit in need of a good power wash. The bearings were replaced on the trailer 6 month ago. . The trailer needs new lights. Bunks are solid. Please note that the price for the hull does not include any of the parts listed in the opening message to this thread.

Back