tmx5 spool knob posts

kingblazer84

Hey Guys,

has anybody got the islander rounded reel knobs to work on their tmx5's ? I know the post dia are slightly larger on the tmx5 but wondering if the islander posts will swap over without dicking around too much?

would prefer not to have paddle handles ideally.. lol

and i will second that you will need to have the line off the spool to atleast be able to get to the post set screws and don't use red lock tite thread locker ...

Hey Guys,

has anybody got the islander rounded reel knobs to work on their tmx5's ? I know the post dia are slightly larger on the tmx5 but wondering if the islander posts will swap over without dicking around too much?

would prefer not to have paddle handles ideally.. lol
Do you want to trade some rounded TMX5 knobs for your paddles? I have one with paddles, and one with round knobs. I prefer the paddles.

I don't like the aluminum knobs that they used. There are also large fly handles from Okuma that are less expensive than the islander knobs and post but the base is red. As stated use blue not red thread locker, and you will have to remove the line to expose the screw.

I don't like the aluminum knobs that they used. There are also large fly handles from Okuma that are less expensive than the islander knobs and post but the base is red. As stated use blue not red thread locker, and you will have to remove the line to expose the screw.
sweet, do you have the okuma numbers?

I get them from Mikes. they usually have them in stock

I get them from Mikes. they usually have them in stock
I ordered em up thanks again

Back