Time to smoke some Salmon

No water in mine also, 1.5 cups of apple juice one half cup soya sauce per 2lb batch. 24hr in fridge bring to room temp smoke skinside down 150-175 degrees approx 3hrs. Comes out sweet and smoky luv it....j.j

Have always used water when brining Salmon. Would like to try the dry brine as suggested, and surprised how many people have posted on it. Just cant bring myself to do it! Lol. I ams content with the first batch and how it turned out. Going to add a little more brown sugar for the second batch. Whats that old saying," if it aint broke, don't fix it "...

Have always used water when brining Salmon. Would like to try the dry brine as suggested, and surprised how many people have posted on it. Just cant bring myself to do it! Lol. I ams content with the first batch and how it turned out. Going to add a little more brown sugar for the second batch. Whats that old saying," if it aint broke, don't fix it "...
No worries about your water hangup:p, I thought the same at first.
after a couple hours in the dry brine and it very much becomes a wet brine,
I only use 2 ingredients now Demarara and coarse salt, and get the same if not better results.

Dennis, I 'm willing to give you a piece of my dry brined Sox to try. I think you'll change your mind pretty quick. PM me. TF

Back