Thinking about mooring in Ucuelet

Journi

Hey guys, I'm thinking about leaving my boat in Ucuelet for a couple month or maybe even for the whole season this year. Hoping I can get some advice on what marinas are good and reasonable with price?? Any of them have accommodations, restaurants as well? I've never fished in Ucuelet either so shedding any light about any informations would be great!

Thanks in advance.

I did the same many years back. I used the govt wharf. I believe Island West Fesort is the only place with accommodations, restaurant - but there are others within easy walking distance. REAL fish ice can be gotten in town. The Island West motel is very close to the govt wharf. Tofino is another option & may have more mooring options; I used Method Marine. More hot surfer chic's in Tofino though. For the Chinook right off the beach, Ucluelet is hard to beat; very short run to the Lighthouse & Little Beach. Many choices for offshore fishing 8-12 miles out - Turtles Head/South Bank, S/W corner, The Wreck, The Amoeba, Long Beach with The Big Bank & Portland Point being further.

At this point if you don't have reservations for that length of time at Island West you will have to use the Government docks. Considerably cheaper than Island west however there is no assigned moorage, first come first serve. This mean you will more than likely be mooring at different spots or possibly side tied next to a commercial fishing boat or private boater if dock spaces are full.

Back