Thick heavy plastic fish bags

Go to Industrial Plastics and get a roll and you can just cut the size you need and tie a knot. They have different sizes and it's easy to store on the boat..............BRS

One wonders if it would be possible to make your own bags out of the Industrial Plastic roles by using the Instant Seal function on a standard vacuum packer to seal one end.

One wonders if it would be possible to make your own bags out of the Industrial Plastic roles by using the Instant Seal function on a standard vacuum packer to seal one end.

Yes you can. Have used a Foodsaver vac packer to seal regular plain thicker/stronger vac bags used as fish bags. There's a food equipment supply place in Vancouver near Powell and Clarke (can't remember the name of it) that sells commercial vac packers and the rolls of the heavy duty vac bags that you can seal with a Foodsaver but you can't suck air out of them cause with the Foodsaver vac packer the bags need to have their own bags to suck air out of with the crisscross air groves in them. That was about 10 years ago we bought the roll though so not sure how pricey they are now compared to buying fish bags in bulk from PNT etc..

When you use regular commercial bags with a Foodsaver, just don't put it on "auto seal" cause it will heat the plastic up too much and melt it if on too long. Put it on "manual seal" and do it for less time.

I get 4ml 14 inch poly tube...50 pound roll. I have a heat sealer unit and make my bags about 52 inches long. Allows me to put any fish in whole and have enough to tie a knot at the end. I buy the roll in the fall and make the bags in my spare time at night during the winter months. Way cheaper and way better bags ...Industrial Plastics is $$$$$....I was looking for a plastic donation box for SVIAC and Industrial Plastics was $52.00, went around the corner to Matthews Supply and the exact same box was $29.95!!!

I buy by the case from Uline

I get 4ml 14 inch poly tube...50 pound roll. I have a heat sealer unit and make my bags about 52 inches long. Allows me to put any fish in whole and have enough to tie a knot at the end. I buy the roll in the fall and make the bags in my spare time at night during the winter months. Way cheaper and way better bags ...Industrial Plastics is $$$$$....I was looking for a plastic donation box for SVIAC and Industrial Plastics was $52.00, went around the corner to Matthews Supply and the exact same box was $29.95!!!

Yep. Industrial Plastics is overpriced on mostly everything. Entirely out to lunch on pricing. I remember last year getting g some cutting block sheets quoted. Seriously they where $50.00 more than everywhere else. The mark up is insane.

I get my poly tube from Victoria Box & Paper

Back