Then and Now. Sport Fishing for Salmon in British Columbia

If you want a good story line come up to Telegraph Cove and talk to Gordy Graham about his 40 year journey building up the Cove. If you come up come and find me in site # 26 in the forest campground, we're there May to September along with 30 other summer permanent residents which is a story unto itself

Great program so good to see the old footage from days gone by. Have the basic Shaw cable package which does not include this channel however right now its running as a free preview on channel 152.

If you want a good story line come up to Telegraph Cove and talk to Gordy Graham about his 40 year journey building up the Cove. If you come up come and find me in site # 26 in the forest campground, we're there May to September along with 30 other summer permanent residents which is a story unto itself
Awesome, thank you! Will keep that in mind!

Great program so good to see the old footage from days gone by. Have the basic Shaw cable package which does not include this channel however right now its running as a free preview on channel 152.
Thanks so much for your feedback, we are so glad you enjoyed it and took advantage of the free preview from Sportsman Channel CA!

Watched last night, good story about the old and the new. Interesting to see the old boats, the ladies in sun hats and dresses in a boat with very little freeboard!

Looking forward to see more of these shows that celebrate our great fishing history!

Cheers

SS

Watched last night, good story about the old and the new. Interesting to see the old boats, the ladies in sun hats and dresses in a boat with very little freeboard!

Looking forward to see more of these shows that celebrate our great fishing history!

Cheers

SS
So pleased to hear you enjoyed it! It was a fascinating journey of learning the history, its characters and events while we were creating it!

Outstanding work. For me some of the most impactful moments of the production are the descriptions of how recreational fishing has positively created strong family connections with salmon. Fishing brings people together, and creates family bonds that link generations together. It is a very significant part of our cultural and social fabric. Politicians, ENGO's and their "politics of idealism" need to take note of the rich social/cultural contributions the recreational fishery brings to our communities. Without those connections, our society will suffer as there won't be anyone left who truly cares about the environment and salmon. No one will be left to stop them from paving paradise.

Outstanding work. For me some of the most impactful moments of the production are the descriptions of how recreational fishing has positively created strong family connections with salmon. Fishing brings people together, and creates family bonds that link generations together. It is a very significant part of our cultural and social fabric. Politicians, ENGO's and their "politics of idealism" need to take note of the rich social/cultural contributions the recreational fishery brings to our communities. Without those connections, our society will suffer as there won't be anyone left who truly cares about the environment and salmon. No one will be left to stop them from paving paradise.
This can be said for most things we as outdoorsman enjoy. Unless you want take an electric train and go sit in a heavily regulated government park and eat Toffu,, they are coming for us.

So glad it was received like this, as that was our strong intention! Thanks so much for your comment!

This show will repeat this evening March 08/2022 at 7:00pm on Shaw Victoria (Channel 152)

Last edited:
Saw it today. Well done! Martin speaks well but sometimes a bit much. I think they could have given some other fishing icons a chance to weigh in too.
Is this just this one episode or is this a series with more to come?

Saw it today. Well done! Martin speaks well but sometimes a bit much. I think they could have given some other fishing icons a chance to weigh in too.
Is this just this one episode or is this a series with more to come?
Thanks for your feedback Chris, we are the producers of the documentary. We certainly wanted more interviews, but this was filmed last year during Covid so we did have some challenges there. So far, this is just a one off project but there could be more to come :)

The best thing about seeing the Tyee pool in the 1930’s was seeing a young @Dave H rowing back when he was only 40 years old. What a handsome lad he was.

Ha ha ha ha ha .

It's all true though, I really was a handsome lad.

Take care.

Back