Then and Now. Sport Fishing for Salmon in British Columbia

walleyes

Crew Member
Nor sure of this has been posted before.

Looks like a very interesting program coming up on the Sportsman channel this afternoon.

Got it set up to record, looking forward to it. The ad says they talk about the sun derby, back in the 70's when I took my marine heavy duty ticket my boss won that derby

Sportsmans Channel is 361 on Telus. I checked and the free preview is available and the show is on at 7pm Pacific tonight. I've set the PVR to record it - looking forward to it.

For something like $3 a month it is a great station; way better content in my opinion than WildTV. Forgot to watch on Sunday but have it queued up to record.

Just watched it and was an enjoyable view. The Tyee club beginnings was most interesting and Martin's comment about the "new technology " catching as many fisherman as fish made me laugh. Good to see Ted Walkus as we haven't spoken in a lot of years since I ran CQA.

Just watched it and was an enjoyable view. The Tyee club beginnings was most interesting and Martin's comment about the "new technology " catching as many fisherman as fish made me laugh. Good to see Ted Walkus as we haven't spoken in a lot of years since I ran CQA.
Thanks for your feedback! That comment from Martin made me laugh as well. The tyee club silent video is available in its entirety on the project website (historical images) if you wanted to check it out, it's crazy to see how they fished for these giant fish almost 100 years ago!!! www.bcsalmonthenandnow.com

Back