The Official NFL Thread

Have a great trip. One of these days I want to go see the Packers play at Lambeau.

Mike

You're too hard on yourself MT. Don't know how long ya been pickin against the spread, but I would take 8-12 all day long. I am no Billy Walters, but let me explain.

Say you call your local bookie, and put $100 on each game. $1200 put up, get $1600 back for the wins, lose 10% juice on the losses ($40), net $360.

Its just that easy, forget the gov'ts game, it sucks.

I agree with you inlander SportsAction sucks but I only do it for fun......holms*y is the one who should use the bookie's he's been like 10/12........last two years I've done well in December so that makes up for all the losses.....

Ha ha, leaving tomorrow afternoon for the football weekend.

Should be hard to take, looking at all those coeds at the Ohio State game. :D

And I'm pretty stoked about how the Steelers are getting some wins. Playing pretty good on offense even with Big Ben's ankle problem. Looks as though Hines Ward will be playing as well. Pats will be a tough one...

Whatever the outcome it's going to be a great trip!

There's only one way to beat Brady and that's to get pressure on him and keep it on all game.......he gets rattled and losses his cool I love that.....got to remember he can beat you with only minutes on the clock so Steelers have to preasures to the gun......if so should be a good game......
icon_mrgreen.gif

WOW....

What a weekend, started with a brew house in Columbus (where the Blue Jackets aren't even an afterthought), many fine ales to sample....hhhmmm good.

Saturday night with another 105,509 college football fans my son and I witnessed what could definitely be called a spectacle. It was homecoming weekend at OSU with a game against one of their bigger rivals....them cheese eatin' sob's from Wisconsin (they most assuredly hate the Wolverines the most though)....and what a game. Won is the last minute by OSU on a great play from their freshman QB Braxton Miller. The second half of that game was awesome with Wisconsing scoring twice in the last four minutes to go ahead. The mood in "The Shoe" was pretty subdued until OSU started moving the ball downfield and Miller tossed a TD from right at the line of scrimmage, very close, and the crowd went wild! It was a lotta fun..below is a pic of a couple alumni..you NFL fans will recognize Eddie George and Archie Griffin in the half time ceremonies.

111029_0332-vi.jpg

That was great but next morning we made our way to Pittsburgh to visit the hallowed ground...home of the SIX TIME SUPER BOWL CHAMPION PITTSBURGH STEELERS. :)

Our hotel was next door to the Consol Energy Center and we had a room on the seventh floor. It was the top floor and the only one you had to use your door pass card in the elevator to get to your floor. Right away my son noticed that a lot of the rooms didn't have numbers on the door. Probably private suites and no doubt some Penguins he says and he was right as just before we left for the Steelers game Matt Cooke and Kris Letang came and sat in the lounge to wait for their ride. I resisted the urge to pile on Cookie for headhunting as he is now reformed :)

On to Heinz Field, my son hasn't sent pics to me yet so I'll put some game pics up, 'cause I know you're waiting for them. Only 66,604 fans there, haha, but man talk about energy in the building, them 'Murricans love their NFL football for sure. Game started great with a TD on first drive, real good passing game for Big Ben with Heath Miller featured heavily on the first drive.

They kept Tom Brady confused all day with man to man coverage and a fantastic game for Ike Taylor keeping Wes Wexler to 6 catches for 39 yards. Chad Muchosucko didn't get on the field much and was heartily booed when his name was mentioned. They did manage 3 sacks and a bunch of hurries on Brady, he only got comfortable on a couple of drives, gotta respect his talent...very cool and clinical passer. OK that's enough about the Pats....hehe.

welkerpolamalu220_103011.jpg

Impressive defence and a great passing day for the Steelers with lots of high percentage intermediate passes got it done. An excellent weekend of football to be sure. But the thing that awed this Steelers fan was the displays honouring all six Super Bowl wins, I especially was happy to see the Walk of Fame. I lingered for a long time at the Jack Lambert case...he's so mean he hates himself...it was unbelievable.

OK I think I'll go have a nap now. Very much needed.

OK couldn't resist a little more Steel love....

63caf5cba25bc8e25cab91422074b76c-getty-130979281.jpg

b9694f5831b55b71cfbd7472274dba5f-getty-130979283.jpg

Thanks for letting me relive the weekend guys...good luck to your teams!

Raiders take on their archrivals this weekend. Will the Raider QB position look any better? Regardless the ponies suck!

The 3 games that should be interesting this Sunday...well 2 will be interesting but Sunday night will be war!

10AM - Jets at the Bills - who'd have thought the AFC East leading Bills looking to solidify their spot against the Jets who are coming off their bye week and are 0-2 after the bye under Rex "Pathological Super Bowl Guarantee Man" Ryan. Should be a gooder.

1:15PM - Giants at the Pats - all the talk in N.E. is about Wes Welker's sore neck courtesy of that tackle I posted above with Troy Polamalu on his back like a cougar going for the jugular. The Giants should be worried about TE Rob Gronkowski, that guy is a huge target and Brady loves going to him. Giants need a big game from Osi Umenyiora.

8:20PM - Ravens at the Steelers - obviously the battle I'm interested in. Hines Ward expected to be back and possibly James Harrison (long shot). Baltimore scares the crap out of me but the experts have Pitt as slight favourites.
Hope the O-line can protect against that animal Ray Lewis.

As I've said good luck to you're teams as well. Have a good week.

Some great games including the late one, Ravens find a way to win in steel town. My Raiders have got to be the dumbest of the dumb butt teams that a dumb butt ever cheered for. Every Time the D finally made a play someone took a completely irrelevant dumb butt penalty to keep the hayburners alive. Sometimes it is painful to be a dumb butt Raiders fan.

Tell us what you really think :)

DUMBA$$

It's gotta hurt as a fan to see a 60 yd. run and then an 85 yd. punt return for scores that buried you, feel your pain onefish...

Was helping my son wire up his basement entertainment room so missed all the daytime action. Saw half of the Ravens-Steelers, who'd a thunk Flacco would march them downfield like that in the last minutes....oh well, see you in the playoffs Baltimore !!

Raiders play their 3rd straight division game without Mcfadden. I don't like their chances tonight but I will be watching my dumb butt team regardless.

Holy crap, the dumb butt Raiders win. The new guy, Palmer, looked pretty good. Raiders were too tired from Sunday to take more dumb butt penalties. 10 days rest should help. Raiders in first in the division : )
Canucks win too!

Pittsburgh at Cincinnati 1:00 PM CBS Paul Brown Stadium cloudy,showers, wind 40mph gusts
NY Giants at San Francisco 4:15 PM FOX Candlestick Park partly cloudy, winds 10-20mph
Detroit at Chicago 4:15 PM FOX Soldier Field cloudy,showers, wind 50 mph gusts

Blustery day in the midwest, the usual for 'Frisco. ;)

Three good games with quality opponents for the fan favourites :) here's hoping we can get some love like the onefish Raiders did the other night.

Niners for real? Bears back in the race? Raiders leading their division? Crazy times in the NFL. Still half a season to go however and much can change.

Bears are gonna rock the chargers this weekend.

Ouch..the Niners have a tough one tomorrow. Them damn Ravens are pretty good. No Ray Lewis though I think??

Chicaga at Oakland on Sunday...onefish and holmes goin' at 'er :)

Steelers...bye last week and the Chiefs this week...oh wait that's two byes ;)

Back