The Official NFL Thread

Trading winds: Deals that should get done before deadline

By Gil Brandt NFL.com
Senior Analyst
Published: Oct. 12, 2011 at 01:51 p.m

Bengals send Palmer to Seahawks
Andy Dalton's development has made Carson Palmer more expendable. Palmer played for Pete Carroll at USC, so there's already a working relationship, and he would be able to help a team lacking a quarterback potentially win the NFC West.

In turn, Seattle would send receiver Doug Baldwin, the undrafted free agent who is off to a great start, and draft choices. The quality of the picks would be based on Palmer's performance over the next two years. I'm not talking about numbers here, I mean wins and losses. If Seattle makes the playoffs in either year and Palmer starts 50 percent of the games, Cincinnati could get a first rounder. If he doesn't start much, Seattle could potentially only give up a third-rounder.

This trade would give Seattle a QB for some years to come, as Palmer is only 31. Baldwin gives Cincinnati a good young receiver to pair with Dalton and A.J. Green.

Carson Palmer to Seattle. That would be an awesome trade.
icon14.png

They need a veteran quarterback big-time and Carson Palmer just might be the one to do it.
Might even give me a reason to cheer for Seattle again after many many years.
icon14.png

cheering for seattle?, that deserves a C'MON MAN!,lol.....holmes*

Okay they beat the New York Giants last week in one of the worst games I've ever watched and they lost their starting quarterback Tavaris Jackson to injury.
I'm not saying that the rest of the team is rock solid but they do have some good players and an inspired coach.
A vetran quarterback like Carson Palmer would be something to contend with.
Last year Seattle won the division by default; this year they are up against a new and very revitalised San Francisco.
It doesn't look like St Louis or Arizona is going to be in contention so it should be between San Francisco and Seattle.
I used to cheer for Seattle many years ago when they had Jim Zorn and Steve Largent which is probably before you were born or maybe still running around in your dirty nappies......:p:D

I'm not saying they had a great team but they did play some good games and for a few years they were in contention and so this just might be the trade that would allow Seattle to give San Francisco a run for their money.
icon14.png

Holmes I have to agree, Seattle is the NFLs version of the leafs. Here in BC we get that sad sack team rammed down our throats every weekend on the tube. I am the number one seahawk hater.
As millertime says there was a time when they were decent but that was so long ago and so many lunchbucket letdowns have happened since then. They remind me of the Bengals of the west coast.
Put the Hawks back in the AFC west so the Raiders can smackem around again!

Last edited by a moderator:
Not encouraging anyone to gamble but I always put a
couple bucks down just for fun......:)

image%252520%2525281%252529.png

Raiders win again : ) Playoffs???? It could happen. On the other side of the bridge the Niners won too, go figure.

Hey Miller.....how do you pick so many games? I thought with sportsaction/oddset you could only take 6?

There are 3 ways to play;

Oddset pic 6

Point Spread pic 12

Over/Under pic 10

How did you do......:)

A lot of great games today, as usual almost half came right down to the last play of the game.
That NFL Red Zone is fantastic, it's like watching every game live without having to change channels because they do it for you. Wishing I had it years ago.
icon14.png

Three teams didn't cover their spread; the Giants the Steelers and the Patriots; 8 of 12 for me so no money....:(

Niners, when did they last make the playoffs???

It's been a while.....but just as you stand by your Raiders, I stand by my Niners. It's been just a "few" for you too, as a matter of fact both of our teams last made the playoffs in the same year. ;) You know what they say about those in glass houses.....;) ;)

Some interesting news for you onefish.....my fellow footballer whose team is "across the bay".

http://tsn.ca/nfl/story/?id=378366

Last edited by a moderator:
A lot of great games today, as usual almost half came right down to the last play of the game.
That NFL Red Zone is fantastic, it's like watching every game live without having to change channels because they do it for you. Wishing I had it years ago.
icon14.png

Three teams didn't cover their spread; the Giants the Steelers and the Patriots; 8 of 12 for me so no money....:(

Make that 4....with the Saints.

What is the NFL Red Zone? What cable provider to you get it through?

Arrgh, Raiders sell the ranch, truck, wife and all the pigs for a washed up ex bengal has been. The chase for a decent QB has cost the Raiders dearly ever since Gannon left. What a luxury it is to have a solid stable quality qb. Stabler is the only high end QB the Raiders have ever had and it is a bit of a stretch to call him high end. Somehow I doubt the Palmer experiment will end well for the Raiders : (

Crazy Sunday coming up.
Look how close the spreads are except the last three games....
Even Pittsburgh only three point favorites at Arizona and
Chicago half point favorites at Tampa Bay....Yikes...
going to be hard to make any money this weekend.

Cap.JPG

holy shmokes, those are tuff picks, damn, i'll probably get like 4 this week, and thats straight up,lol, i'll post my straight up picks and picks based on those spreads Miller and see how i do,lol, should be herendous,lmao....holmes*

Tough picks this week that's for sure.
Might as well just flip a coin.

You did good last week; we'll see if you can make it two in a row....
too bad you are the craps at picking hockey teams though...:p:D

11111.JPG

Damn he copied my picks;........

Titans will take control of AFC South with win over Texans

By Albert Breer NFL Network
NFL Network Reporter
Published: Oct. 21, 2011 at 12:54 p.m. Updated: Oct. 22, 2011 at 11:13 a.m.
Liked: 0 | Comments: 332
Email Print
Read Discuss
Albert Breer went 10-3 with his predictions in Week 6 and is now 58-33 for the season. How will he fare in Week 7? His picks are below, with home teams listed second:

20 24
Carolina has the dubious distinction of being a "strong" 1-5. That progress pays dividends this week, catching the Redskins in the middle of a quarterback change.

21 23
It's hard to know what to make of either team at this point. So go against the Seahawks, going West to East for a 1 p.m. ET start.

20 31
A big game for both teams, the Lions coming off a devastating loss, and the Falcons trying to keep pace in the NFC South. Give me Stafford and Johnson against the Atlanta defense.

17 14
In the equivalent of a "conference game" in the Andrew Luck sweepstakes, the Miami brass did the coaches no favors by scheduling "Gator Day" for Tim Tebow's return to Florida.

20 17
I'm a believer that the Jets will get it together down the line. But at this point, I don't know that their offense will be capable of much against that Chargers defense.

17 27
Raheem Morris told me that last week's win over New Orleans, coming off a blowout loss in San Francisco, revealed his players' toughness. They show it again overseas.

17 20
Surprise, surprise, the Titans take control of the AFC South, with Chris Johnson finally finding his stride against the banged up Texans.

33 9
Pittsburgh's back atop the league's defensive rankings. The validity of that will be put to the test … next week against New England.

16 19
I don't like Carson Palmer facing Romeo Crennel in his debut, but the Raiders should be able to survive against a suddenly feisty Chiefs group.

17 24
St. Louis may be 0-6, but the Rams did show some fight against the Packers after falling behind early. They'll battle again this week, but it won't stop them from falling to 0-7.

41 7
Christian Ponder isn't ready for a defense like Green Bay's, so the Autumn of Aaron continues as the Packers move to 7-0.

17 38
This was supposed to be Peyton Manning's homecoming, and the Colts' chance to hit the Saints back for what happened in Super Bowl XLIV. Neither of those things are happening Sunday.

38 10
Baltimore's coming off a bye, and the trappings of playing in primetime prevent any kind of trap from catching the Ravens here.

Follow Albert Breer on Twitter @albertbreer.

No QB, No running back, No fg kicker, No Seymour, No draftpicks left, a bunch of other banged up players. Raiders hand Chiefs the game on the same day the Chargers choke again. Bye week for the Raiders next week, couldn't come at a better time. Sh*thawks score a miserable 3 points and lose, boy I hate that team.

The best I could do on two tickets was; 9-12 straight up and 8-12
against the spread....Tough Sunday.....:(

2222.JPG

The best I could do on two tickets was; 9-12 straight up and 8-12
against the spread....Tough Sunday.....:(

You're too hard on yourself MT. Don't know how long ya been pickin against the spread, but I would take 8-12 all day long. I am no Billy Walters, but let me explain.

Say you call your local bookie, and put $100 on each game. $1200 put up, get $1600 back for the wins, lose 10% juice on the losses ($40), net $360.

Its just that easy, forget the gov'ts game, it sucks.

Ha ha, leaving tomorrow afternoon for the football weekend.

Should be hard to take, looking at all those coeds at the Ohio State game. :D

And I'm pretty stoked about how the Steelers are getting some wins. Playing pretty good on offense even with Big Ben's ankle problem. Looks as though Hines Ward will be playing as well. Pats will be a tough one...

Whatever the outcome it's going to be a great trip!

Back