The big Costco cooler. $99

Birdsnest

Every spring Costco has those huge coolers in stock for $99. Are they any good? Just picked one up for this years epic tuna season.

I own two of these monsters. They are good coolers and the price is great. They will store salt ice for about a week on the WCVI. What I dislike though is the high profile lids. What a waste of space. Plus if you have the cooler against your transom and you need to open the lid you have to pull the cooler 5 inches out. Have fun doing that when its full. I'd trade mine to anyone with a low profile lid model.

With all the tuna you kill one would think you'd have a commercial packer following you around. :)

Not called the spring locker for nothing.......

I love mine for all different things, great for fishing, hunting and packing crap camping. Load it up and things will stay cold, and forn the price you cannot beat it. the only thing i don't like is the plastc hinges, will swap those out once they break.

Cheers

SS

I have two - one for the boat and one stays in the truck.
If you're like me, you probably have an old belt that doesn't fit anymore. I replaced my hinges with three 4" pieces of leather once they broke. No sense putting a $20 stainless piano hinge on a cooler which you bought to save money in the first place.

Also, I throw my polar fleece laundry on top of the fish and shave ice to fill up that void and keep things frosty for the long drives back from Ukee to the Okanagan.

Ya. Come to think of it the high profile lid is a bit of a rash. Especially when it's full of ice and you have to slide it forward to open it. Still tho $99. Can't complain.
Thanks for the feed back.

We use them on the north river. We took 3 with us this year and they held our 28 fish iced, head on.
Awesome coolers. You will be happy with the dome lid as you can squeeze 2 more fish in there. Depending on the catch we fit anywhere from 9-11 tuna fish in them thar coolers.

they are a true 7 day cooler. We use them on long trips and ice will hold for 7 days in those coolers. Salt ice, even longer.

Back