Thanks Bud for the Rub

sir-vivor

I was down at Mcdonald beach ramp yesterday, at low tide. So I had to tie up and wait the tide change out. I took the chance to change out a warn roller on the trailer.
I noticed that a tinny pulled up and with not a lot of room on the dock he tied up to the side of me. The guy with a Blue tinny with a Honda on it towed by a Ford Truck
I understand but don't understand that you rub the crap out of the side of my boat and not even a sorry
when you left ... You saw me working on the trailer ........ there were only three of us in the lot and with you and
one other at the dock, you must of known it was my boat, since I was working on a trailer.
Karma's a ***** bud
Sir-Vivor II
PS; Not only the nasty rub but also damaged the decal on the top of the "I"

Attachments

• Damage on boat.jpg
    Damage on boat.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 276
just to play devils advocate though (and damage issue aside- that's still a dickhead move) - but it seems like just because you couldn't pull out, and he could, you were blocking the dock?
i encounter the same situation here in comox - dock dries and is almost un-useable below a 1.5m tide - however, me with the 16' hourston can just tie up get the trailer in with a ft of so to spare - but all it takes is one slightly bigger boat tied up waiting for more water, to effectively block everything. Never launched from there, but is that the only dock space, and if so, was there anywhere else you could have waited?

Here is a picture of where I was tied up and my bow is towards the dock. U be the judge , I kinda think he had lots of room. There was a boat moored up in front of me. Little tinny in pics has nothing to do with above

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190508-224811_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20190508-224811_Gallery.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 298
  • Screenshot_20190508-224811_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20190508-224811_Gallery.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 281
Ya. Your clearly blocking all access with no other choices....sorry but you could have done better...lol

I hate boat launches, one of the most trying things I encounter in my life lol, way to many bone heads out there. I try and go only during mid week and early in the morning and get off by early afternoon. Just no patients for ignorance and stupidity in my life.

Like people blocking a ramp or not using one that is open... I've had a few good lessons. In the past and it really is first come first served...If everyone waited for the one that's looking for his trailer it may never come or got hung up taking a call lol....line up ready and prepared then take the first launch open. Unless one is deeper to suit her needs.
When taking out. The one with the trailer
In the water first pulls out first.

End of story

Keep your boat in a marina for the season. That's one launch and retrieve and possibly a 2nd if it is in long enough that it needs cleaning during the summer. If I had to play the ramp game, what with all the other current fishing related issues, I think I would pack it in.

I hate boat launches, one of the most trying things I encounter in my life lol, way to many bone heads out there. I try and go only during mid week and early in the morning and get off by early afternoon. Just no patients for ignorance and stupidity in my life.
I love boat launches. It's the best pulling up to 200 pedestrians at Rocky Point in Port Moody and watching some guy with a bayliner, he's usually waist deep in the water trying to align his boat on his trailer and his buddy standing there like he can't help at all. Then I come up with my 80's boat and power it up on the trailer and manually tilt up my motor and were out of there in a couple minutes.

And for the record I do help guys out if needed. I don't just point and laugh.

I love boat launches. It's the best pulling up to 200 pedestrians at Rocky Point in Port Moody and watching some guy with a bayliner, he's usually waist deep in the water trying to align his boat on his trailer and his buddy standing there like he can't help at all. Then I come up with my 80's boat and power it up on the trailer and manually tilt up my motor and were out of there in a couple minutes.

One of my father's employees used to go to Rocky Point on a busy afternoon and just sit and watch all the entertainment on the ramp! He'd bring a chair and a little cooler with some beer and watch the show!

One of my father's employees used to go to Rocky Point on a busy afternoon and just sit and watch all the entertainment on the ramp! He'd bring a chair and a little cooler with some beer and watch the show!
We used to do that when I lived in Coquitlam way back when. Great way to get some entertainment

We used to do that when I lived in Coquitlam way back when. Great way to get some entertainment

Yup. used to grab an ice cream cone and walk over to watch the show. my fave is husbands and wives screaming directions and orders at each other. wonder how many divorces were created on boat launches

There are some real Dandys out there Clint......crazy what they dont think of scratchin up your craft. Like ya need that to add to Boat issues.

Have fun out there if ya go. Im done with all the BS. Too far to travel and spend big $$ to even bother.

This was one of my dad’s favourite pass times. The French Creek Ramp. A crowd of local retired guys would meet and watch the going’s on. So popular this was, BC Outdoors magazine actually published an article on this in one of their issues. Haha

Back