Thanks Bud for the Rub

How did we ever get to a boat launch watching thread ....... from what this started as lol. Any one else got stories of being rubbed ?

the most fun I ever had watching boat launches was at horseshoe bay during the old sun salmon derby, ttoo bad u tube wan't around in those days, lol.

Last year at Cooper's Green on the Sunshine Coast my 2014 F150 got "rubbed" in the parking lot by the guy parked next to me. Apparently he didn't notice it was happening because there was a white scratch from the rear bumper down the box, through the rim, down my rocker panel... through the other rim and right through the end of the front bumper. Some people are just really !@#in low end.

Luckily its just in the clear coat and the local auto body guy thinks he can get most of it out..... if I pony up 500 bucks for the complete exterior package :eek:

on the other hand - i returned after a day of fishing and went to get the truck/trailer - found a note on my windshield "sorry i broke your trailer light call xxxx" (brand new trailer of course!) - i called the number and was totally expecting it to be a fake number - guy answered right away, apologized, and said he would make it right. I got the price of a new light the next day, and within minutes of giving him the value, had an e-transfer for the amount plus a couple extra $. Mistakes happen so was good to see someone own it.

on the other hand - i returned after a day of fishing and went to get the truck/trailer - found a note on my windshield "sorry i broke your trailer light call xxxx" (brand new trailer of course!) - i called the number and was totally expecting it to be a fake number - guy answered right away, apologized, and said he would make it right. I got the price of a new light the next day, and within minutes of giving him the value, had an e-transfer for the amount plus a couple extra $. Mistakes happen so was good to see someone own it.

Thats a nice guy for sure!! The person who took out my trailer light at rocky point didn't leave any contact info for me when i returned. Oh well gave me an excuse to try led lights and i got them cheap.

Ya Great to hear , I like to think 98% of us boaters are honorable it's the 2% ers that are scum bags ......but KARMA will take care of em

Thats a nice guy for sure!! The person who took out my trailer light at rocky point didn't leave any contact info for me when i returned. Oh well gave me an excuse to try led lights and i got them cheap.
You were lucky it was just a trailer light. Someone stole my sonar head unit at Rocky Point on a busy evening when I took my kids to the ice cream shop. we were back to the trailer parking in 10’ and it was already gone. That place can be a real zoo.

You were lucky it was just a trailer light. Someone stole my sonar head unit at Rocky Point on a busy evening when I took my kids to the ice cream shop. we were back to the trailer parking in 10’ and it was already gone. That place can be a real zoo.

Man that really sucks!! Im fairly good with locking things up even for a few min. Read to many stories about downriggers, rods, reels ect... but the one day i forget or get complacent will bite me in the butt.

Back