Tested/Testng New Tackle

You might try electrolysis. Use a plastic tub of water with a dose of baking soda (some people use muratic acid). Use old style battery charger you want a constant 2 amps. hook the red terminal to a piece of scrap metal (this is your anode) place it on the far side of the container (they cant touch). hook the black (cathode) terminal to the piece you want to strip and turn on the power. It should start to fizz after a minute or so. if the anode fizzes switch the wires around. This should pull the plating onto the cathode.
PS. use a steel wire like tie wire for tying re-bar as a connector between your work and the clips on the battery charger. if you submerge the clips in the water they will dissolve. Also this will not work on brass or copper.
Someone on the forum might have a better idea

If you ever wanted to make a flasher daisy chain to your own specs or just liked single inline flashers Short Bus sells single unrigged blades

http://shortbusflasherscom.ipage.com/store/page4.html

ClearBlade

I'm going to start experimenting on modifying the Brad's Super Cut Plugs, as I still think they have potential here. In my experience they spin too quickly and I'm going to try some modifications to slow the rotation.
How did you ever make out with the modified brad's bait? did you get a slower roll?

Not by choice, but during a derby this summer one of my friends wanted to try some off-the-board fishing tactics, which included:

-army truck hootchie tipped with half a hotdog
-AP "firecracker"spoon with a 14' leader (yes... 14 FEET)
-hotspot flasher and a 4" 602 tomic with a 3' leader
-5 lines (3 riggers, a 1# ball, and 1 surface line)

Shockingly we didnt get a bite, which was probably a good thing. Imagine 4 guys fishing 5 tickets trying to net a fish with a 14' leader on a 15' boat... o_O:eek::confused::rolleyes:
4 guys in a 15 ft boat? 😱

I've had success this year adding plastic worms to hoochies:
20220919_114613.jpg
Worked well on wild coho
20221001_135750.jpg
Caught my PB spring. 😎

I picked up this little gem at Outfitters recently thinking it would be good for coho. It did not disappoint. Coho love it.
Apparently hand tied. Has very nice hook.

Attachments

• 7B310F2C-66A8-4E73-8B9E-FA8B9DAC9AC3.jpeg
    7B310F2C-66A8-4E73-8B9E-FA8B9DAC9AC3.jpeg
    365 KB · Views: 75
I had the pleasure of chatting with the maker of that lure, Ernie Ross once in a store. He gave me one and I bought another, still have them. I still remember where he told me to try for black cod off Ukee. Haven't got there yet.

I guess you to don’t need to “match the hatch”
Actually I was trying to 'match the hatch'.
Needlefish that I have seen were 8 - 9" long thus the white hootchie and worm combo.
The razorback worm and green hootchie was fashioned after beach worms I've observed in front of Esquimalt lagoon.

Back