Terminal Tackle Snap Review

Captain PartyMarty

Crew Member
Hey guy's I just wanted to pass along a product review for a snap I have been testing this year. I started out last year using really cheap terminal tackle and I am pretty sure it cost me a few fish. Towards the end of the season I started using the scissor like snaps on the bottom end of my flasher to connect leaders. The scissor like snaps are well recommend by many of you forum members. I however found them very hard to use as they are stiff and hard on operate with wet or cold fingers. Over the winter I did some research and found some of you use the double diamond snap which are good but it’s hard to find quality ones as there are lots of cheap Chinese knock offs on the market.

I finally found these snaps from Spro which I have found to be absolutely awesome on the tail end of a flasher.

http://www.spro.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=SSPSB%2DALL

They are easy to work can’t fall off and are very strong. They don’t rust and have really made switching out leaders this year a breeze. I don’t own stock in this company so this is just an honest review of a quality product. I have been using the biggest size #5.

Captain PartyMarty

Interesting, where did you buy them from?
what qty's are they available in

I have been cutting the swivel off the end of my flasher and leaving the ring. The you have to slide the snap onto the ring turn it around and kind of twist it open, push the ring through to get the flasher ring into the back loop of the snap, then it will never come off on it's own.

Back