Tell Them No More Further Chinook Restrictions

BINGO madjigga been saying this for years how you going to get data when there is only a handful of boats and FISHING IS CLOSED... I live here I SEE IT !!!!!!!!!!!!!Im sorry pat but you almost sound like you work for DFO and support them..(I know you dont) but your area hasnt been effected to much "YET" but it will sooner then later as we are seeing the web spin out of control ... ive been involved with fighting DFO for over 30 years and playing nice and drinking cool aid and giving them smoked salmon hasnt worked its getting worse and worse... there is no way you can defend that.

One thing I can say with all Norvo 19 think of the fraser river as the pandemic and everyone one rushing to the river for food fraser river being netted its no different then the masses rushing to COSTCO to get toilet paper it only lasts so long till its run out.... not the 23% you say prior it could and would sustain that amount

Ya, maybe you are screwed. They definitely are closing you down. Guess the time to get on board with providing data has passed. I wouldn't bother to do the Avid Anglers catch & release scale sample DNA protocol either. It just seems like a lot of work. It wouldn't help advance a business case for you guys anyway. It seems to me that DFO doesn't listen to the ENGO's and their data arguments advancing fishery closures...that seems to fall on deft ears too. The SFAB and Guide Association doesn't believe in data either...they just sit around and wait for DFO to just make decision announcements. Yup, time to give up and take up golf or skiing.

PAT we are I did not say any of the above but im complaining about how much is enough data ... if they are going on something that happened 25 years ago ,you cant ...you preach data data data.
we provided it its there why isnt it being used ... like I said before there has to be close to 30,000 by now AND like I said before our community is dead I and like ive said before ive counted 6 boats out there fishing , there isnt anyone fishing... plain and simple they have succeeded as the people dont fish anymore..and the worse part is many of the GUIDES have provided data and still are and where has it got us.... MORE and MORE restrictions, I said almost 12 years ago this was going to happen as it was going to "spider web" out you cant fix a open wound with a little band aid it need to be slammed shut properly and I hate to say the time has gone and went..... Im not mad at You or spring,derby and many others that have worked hard to stop this but playing "nice" hasnt got us anywhere...the thread says
Tell Them No More Further Chinook Restrictions

Ever wonder why the NRA has as much bargaining influence over political decisions and policies?? Because they are a huge voice to be reckoned with ! Here in BC I’d most likely wear out my keyboard trying to list all the organizations Federations. Clubs etc etc etc ! I’ve said this before and will say it again, we need a SPORTSFISHING Union! All one voting voice , union dues of 1$ per fresh and salt water licence , Paid president ( connected and influential) All clubs and orgs report under this umbrella! Will take a bit to get this going but I know a few of us involved know this truly is only way to keep any access to sports fishing for the future

I'm not mad at anyone either....just saying the one tool you have control over is your data. And, without it we are kind of spinning our wheels. All the other things you might want to do to send a message are pretty much useless without good quality data to back them up. Just saying. Believe you me, I fully support doing a whole lot more than sitting around waiting for someone to do something for us.

Never ever gonna happen. Recreational fishermen can’t figure out if their conservationists or fishermen.

Never ever gonna happen. Recreational fishermen can’t figure out if their conservationists or fishermen.
In reality they are totally interconnected. You can’t fish if there are none. Also a lot of flack from fishermen sent conservationists way has more to do with the pseudo science, fund raising , alarmist proclamations made by organizations playing on guilt and emotion to fleece the urban population.
Most fishers I know are in favour of reasonable restrictions applied fairly across the board and are very supportive of measures based on actual science and devoid of politics. Meanwhile many in the so called conservation cults, simply want everything shut down! I can see where the anti public fishery groups can proclaim themselves as conservationists and spin the us vs them line, but it’s not the conservationist component most of us object to, it’s the fact they portray the demise of public fishing as the saviour of the species.

Not all public fishers are conservationists which is why we have rules and DFO. Still I would say the vast majority are and to label them any other way seems to be the strategy the ENGO’s are trying to use to sell to their disciples that we are the boogey man. If they ever shut us down they will shift fire to the next target, they have to to stay in business.

What completely puzzles me is this..... conservation groups, ENGOs and wildlife groups who say they are fighting for a certain cause.... let's specifically talk about save the whales and save the salmon groups.... If they really cared about the whales and the salmon... the easiest and best means to make an IMMEDIATE difference would be to pressure the government to allow for a seal/sea lion cull... These damn critters take a million percent more salmon out of the waters than if every recreational fisherman in BC went out 365 days a year... However, they are animal lovers and it would be against their morals to keep seals in check... How can you truely call yourself an animal lover and wildlife conservationist if you are indifferent and won't take action towards a number of species who's population has grown out of control and they are tipping the balance in nature? A healthy wildlife ecosystem is BALANCED... with a healthy ratio of prey/predator.

Butcher, your comments about balanced ecosystems are spot on. However the root cause of all these problems and the one we avoid addressing boils down to pollution ( both in the air and in the ocean)

Don't get me wrong. I am one of these abusers, but can see the writing on the wall that if we don't act urgently ..very little of what we are trying to save will be saveable in 50 years
Governments and world leaders can spend $$ trillions and invoke policy changes to save the human population from a virus. Yet there is no such cooperation when it comes to global warming
Again I'm not saying we don't need to control the virus. I am only saving when we get this controlled lets look at the the environment problem with the same standards we used to tackle the virus.

They will be still netting them in the Frazier river you can count on that,they can rolll the numbers around as many times they like ,putting money back into fishing we spend a lot of money on gas and fishing gear,run the hatchery to the full there will be fish for every one again help Canada out first it is about time they wake up

This thread is about Chinook restrictions and we are now starting to wander into the typical conservation related topics like seal culls and global warming. There are MANY threads already in place in the Conservation Forum so go there if you want to have more of that discussion but do not derail this thread.

This thread is about Chinook restrictions and we are now starting to wander into the typical conservation related topics like seal culls and global warming. There are MANY threads already in place in the Conservation Forum so go there if you want to have more of that discussion but do not derail this thread.
My thoughts exactly

Back