Tatlayoko Lake in August

Ghostprof

I'll be up at Tatlayoko Lake for a week in the first half of August. Never fished up there before. Is it worth it? What's the intel?

TIA

I'll be up at Tatlayoko Lake for a week in the first half of August. Never fished up there before. Is it worth it? What's the intel?

TIA
I was up there last July. Didn't put much time in but caught 1 nice rainbow, trolling a wedding band from a kayak. Talking to a local he said they seem to circle the lake so if you find them it's on.

It gets windy and choppy pretty much every day from from midday onward. If you wake up and it's glassy, get out there, but expect it to change.

There's so much territory up that way, I'm sure there's plenty of places to fish, hopefully a local will chime in.

I was up there last July. Didn't put much time in but caught 1 nice rainbow, trolling a wedding band from a kayak. Talking to a local he said they seem to circle the lake so if you find them it's on.

It gets windy and choppy pretty much every day from from midday onward. If you wake up and it's glassy, get out there, but expect it to change.

There's so much territory up that way, I'm sure there's plenty of places to fish, hopefully a local will chime in.
Thanks for this. I'm thinking I'll be mostly restricted to fishing from shore, so I'll bring my fly rod and some spinning options as well.

Back