Tahsis fishing: Leiner or Tahsis rivers

o_clarki

Two buddies and I are doing some guided fishing out of Tahsis in early August and are interested (if we have have enough energy!) to do some shore trout fishing in the evenings. None of us have been to Tahsis before but I would expect there to be some sea run cutthroat off the nearby beaches, or even resident trout or cutthroat in the Tahsis or Leiner Rivers.

We can certainly explore the area on our own, but if you have any suggestions that would shorten our learning curve, I would love to hear from you!

Cheers.

Most years in August there isn't enough water in either river to drown a rat.

OK well that's kind of pessimistic there are some nice shaded runs right in downtown Tahsis and a Trout doesn't need much cover to thrive.

Two buddies and I are doing some guided fishing out of Tahsis in early August and are interested (if we have have enough energy!) to do some shore trout fishing in the evenings. None of us have been to Tahsis before but I would expect there to be some sea run cutthroat off the nearby beaches, or even resident trout or cutthroat in the Tahsis or Leiner Rivers.

We can certainly explore the area on our own, but if you have any suggestions that would shorten our learning curve, I would love to hear from you!

Cheers.
On route to tahsis stayed at a beautiful little campsite (free) on the Leiner River,must of been late Sept,as the pool there was full of coho,seemed to have tight lips that evening.
What I remember most was the mosquitos were brutal, both our dogs faces were completely covered, not much sleep that night.............
But there was definitely lots of coho......
Good luck! Be prepared for the bugs tho !

Cheers.
Ask for Gord at the Tahsis Building Supply. He's a long time resident who can help you with river and lake trout fishing spots.

Back