Suzuki or Yamaha

Dealer service is everything, too bad Honda is so behind the times here.

As a point of interest re:Suzuki outboards-when I was in Tonga back in February I noticed the one high end charter outfit was running both his catamarans with just one motor, the other being kaput.

I asked my Captain about it he said referring to the smaller cat "That's his 6th set of outboards they're always frying out".

Turns out that the water in that part of the South Pacific is so hot/so salty that outboards don't perform well at all, except for Suzuki which were new on the scene but not so new that they were breaking down like Honda and Yamaha.

i have had many boats over the past 30 years 18-28', presently i have an 18'aluminum with a 2003 90hp suzuki, i have never been so impressed with an engine in all my years fishing. i guide in the charlottes at various lodges (part time fun job) and am always asking the mechanics about the motors being used. westcoast resorts was using the suzukis at whale and milbanke a few years ago, i had never run them before guiding there and they left a lasting impression on me. i haven't had any experience with the e-tech, but have heard nothing but good (owner of lordship marine is a friend) about them also, i assume you all know the 4 stroke johnson-evinrudes are actually suzukis.
cheers and gl ferret

Back