Sunny Shores

Sir Reel

Does anyone know if Sunny Shores will be operating this summer? Planning a trip around mid-August. We used to stay at the motel and keep the boat in the Marina....was a nice setup. Have looked for other accomodations but not much around there.
SR

Its still there but in poor condition. I would imagine that they will be open again this year as no one has offered to buy it yet.

Just talked to the owner personally and YES its open business as usual ill be there for my yearly stint see you then.

Good luck Wolf

Blue Wolf Charters
www.bluewolfcharters.com

Thanks Guys. May book in there mid-August for a trip. I'll be eagerly awaiting reports from Wolf and others on how the season goes!
SR

I will definatly keep you imformed I will not be going to the lodge this year so my tenture has ended after 15 years of fishing knight inlet it just isnt viable anymore with the economy and the state in which our industry is going, so I am working and fishing when I can and staying in sooke for the month of August and just do that.
I had quite a long chat with Andy at SS and he wanted me to tell all YES he is open for business and looking forward to another year this is his 21 year doing it now.

See you out there

Wolf

Blue Wolf Charters
www.bluewolfcharters.com

I was there when the Danish fellow owned the place. He had just launched the sailboat he had built (Bileif). I did not realize how long ago that was. I was trying salmon fishing for my first time in my 17 ft Gregor. I have been hooked since then.:)

IMG_1445.jpg

Ha ha. Is Andy still grumpy? I wonder how many miles he puts on his bike in a day? His wife was always very nice to us and so was Jen that worked in the store. I think was his niece? I feel bad for them. They work very hard keeping that place going 6am to 10pm 7 days a week. I am sure they thought they could sell and retire. Will hopefully see them again this year. Is a great setup, only 15 -20 minutes to fishing. lots of crabs on the way back and then when you get back to the marina it's only a few minutes to the store or bar. Ah the good life.....

Ha ha. Is Andy still grumpy? I wonder how many miles he puts on his bike in a day? His wife was always very nice to us and so was Jen that worked in the store. I think was his niece? I feel bad for them. They work very hard keeping that place going 6am to 10pm 7 days a week. I am sure they thought they could sell and retire. Will hopefully see them again this year. Is a great setup, only 15 -20 minutes to fishing. lots of crabs on the way back and then when you get back to the marina it's only a few minutes to the store or bar. Ah the good life.....

Back