Sturgeon Fishing

Gibson19

Thinking about going to the lower mainland to fish sturgeon.
Any advise on the best time to go.
As well as any recommendations on which guide to go with.
Thanks

The absolute best is on a pink year and September to November..... bone tiring fights are fantastic!

Just be ready for for a few days to recover the use of your arms and hands!;)

Fished them for 30+ years....personal best is 10'4", largest number for one day is 42 with three rods.....

STS has been one of my favorite companies to send clients to.

The absolute best is on a pink year and September to November..... bone tiring fights are fantastic!

Fished them for 30+ years....personal best is 10'4", largest number for one day is 42 with three rods.....

STS has been one of my favorite companies to send clients to. September totally makes sense. Gonna have to do some stick handling around elk and moose season.

Mid August until early November are best #'s and biggest fish. Mid March-3rd week of April can be fun with Eulachon
Lots of really great guides out there, Lang and his 2nd Kolby are pretty fishy and good guys.

STS has been one of my favorite companies to send clients to.
Let’s see a pic of that dinosaur!

Let’s see a pic of that dinosaur!

I was out with my Lady on that trip....anchored up below a bar that many were fishing for pinks.

Got to the point that could only fish one rod as the action was unbelievable. We started with a 4', went to two 6+, then two between 7'-8'.....

Then the big one hit. With just the two of us, it was hard enough to get a tape on it (I carry a 12' tape). Over 60" girth.....the only picture I got was of its head..... was anchored for just over 8 hours, took 30 minutes for a break (well needed), spent the rest in battles.

Attachments

• mike 268 (Medium) (1).JPG
    mike 268 (Medium) (1).JPG
    176.7 KB · Views: 56
I was out with my Lady on that trip....anchored up below a bar that many were fishing for pinks.

Got to the point that could only fish one rod as the action was unbelievable. We started with a 4', went to two 6+, then two between 7'-8'.....

Then the big one hit. With just the two of us, it was hard enough to get a tape on it (I carry a 12' tape). Over 60" girth.....the only picture I got was of its head..... was anchored for just over 8 hours, took 30 minutes for a break (well needed), spent the rest in battles.
What a great day!

Back