Storing Leaders and Used tackle

I know a retired guide who took it to the next level. Two rigs of each type he was fishing that day already pre-baited with anchovies in place. Once he landed a fish he would just slip the leader off the quick change and dig out the same head from his bait box and fire it over the side. Bites on get the gear back in the water fishing and dig out the fish and hooks from the net afterwards. Sometimes the bite is only 10-to 15 minutes long and this would make the difference between getting into 2 fish instead of only one on that bite.

How do you guys use the pool noodle method? I can understand that the hook end you can just bury in the noodle but waht about the swivel end? Gonna try this with my productive spoon/teaser head/hootchies and keep everything else waiting in plano trays to be tied.

I just use a toothpick

I just bought the pool noodle foam piece yesterday at the dollar store. it was 4 ft in lenght so i cut in 4- 1 ft. pieces.
I am using 1 for hootchies. holds 8 pretied hootchies so 1 can have 2 of each i may try that day. if i get a fish i will have the same 1 tied to get on the other rod. Same with the teaser heads. 8 pretied of various colors ready to go. the swivels just get wrapped and held in place by the leader line hooks sink in easy. not sure what to do with spoons but they are quick to tie. the third piece i will wrap with various pink squirts for sockeye in the next few weeks and the 4 th i will use on boat at end of day to bring used leaders home.
pretty good set up

I used twist ties and store my gear in those clear plastic plano trays. I like it a lot better than straws as the leader never slips out. et All of my gear including flashers get a quick rinse in hot soapy water at the end of the day. Leave to air dry before going back in the box.

I also used to pre-tie everything I owned, but I tend to mostly use my go-to's like everyone else. So often I didn't know how old some leaders were. Now, I only tie up a few teasers, few spoons, and a few hoochies at a time.

Back