stinger hook potentially illegal?

Status
Not open for further replies.
To original post. There is no regulation that make it illigal or regulation that bans treble or stinger use in marine areas. There are some special regulations from time to time in some terminal areas.

There is also no data that supports any claim but warm fuzzy feelings that there is huge impact.

This has been brought up many times on here. As said before we need to make decisions based on science not just personal views. Myself I am more interested what we can do with the rivers to ensure survival. Lots of work there to do.

Last edited:
To original post. There is no regulation that make it illigal or regulation that bans treble or stinger use in marine areas. There are some special regulations from time to time in some terminal areas.

There is also no data that supports any claim but warm fuzzy feelings that there is huge impact.

This has been brought up many times on here. As said before we need to make decisions based on science not just personal views. Myself I am more interested what we can do with the rivers to ensure survival. Lots of work there to do.
EXACTLLY finally a voice with reason....

The data seems inconclusive, but common sense tells me they are banned for a good reason. I used to use them & highly doubt I could release a fish w/o taking it aboard.
As said before we need to make decisions based on science not just personal views.
So they are banned in WA,AK, OR, & CA because of personal views not science??????

ERICL they are not BANNED maybe in the good ol USA but dont come on here what is what, YES there are certain spots where different terminal tackle is in place ive guided for over 33 years and have let many a go with a treble ive seen damage on both types. A hook is meant for one reason to catch FISH ive seen singles go right up into brain or take out so many eyes, if in doubt I just cut the hook off , point is you keep saying banned THEY ARE NOT.

And ill only use a stinger if and when WE can retain a fish any other time I use last years hooks and dull as really i want the hook to fall out .its the thrill of battling a fish and if you lose it near boat or beside boat when you cant keep them my job was done..

BC SPORTFISHING !!!!!!!!

WOLF

The data seems inconclusive, but common sense tells me they are banned for a good reason. I used to use them & highly doubt I could release a fish w/o taking it aboard.

So they are banned in WA,AK, OR, & CA because of personal views not science??????

This is silly. We not going to implement further restrictions based on personal views. Also regulations from another country.

We go through this all the time with NGO groups. Everything is a fire. Concentrate on root of problem. Pick the top 4 and work on that.

There is no relevant and recent data to back up your claims. Anyways have a great day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back