Still no Decision on SFAB Chinook Proposal?

Hi - I am from the future...(DFO)we made a mistake in the 2020 season. We wiped out a year class because of our silly decision to implement a slot limit that created massive cycling of catch and release and handling to find a Chinook or coho to retain. Hmmm.

Oh well.

The data on catch and release says otherwise. Don't agree with your stance to shut all fishing down in SOG based on our Avid Angler data. Still think fisheries should continue, and not total closures.

Last edited:
Sure feel for you guides this year, this is absolutely political bull$&@t! Going to be a lot of dead fish being thrown back again! What a friggen waste!

From what I’ve heard there are a few areas in the SFAB proposal that were tentatively accepted but not many and does not sound like any down South Island

Sure glad we wrote all those letters :(

I agree Scott. Letters had done **** in past year and why would they miracously have an effect this year. I knew this from the start. We have absolutely no pull in this process until we make ourselves heard and known.

There's more bad news to come for the southern straight around the vancouver region. If you look at the map they state "selective regions" so areas outside of the banana in the north and south arm may be off limits during Aug and Sept.

So pissed...

There more bad news to come for the southern straight around the vancouver region. If you look at their make they state "selective regions" so areas outside of the banana in the north and south arm may be off limits during Aug and Sept.

It is off limits till sept 1 area 29-3 is closed on Vancouver side

I agree Scott. Letters had done **** in past year and why would they miracously have an effect this year. I knew this from the start. We have absolutely no pull in this process until we make ourselves heard and known.

There's more bad news to come for the southern straight around the vancouver region. If you look at the map they state "selective regions" so areas outside of the banana in the north and south arm may be off limits during Aug and Sept.

So pissed...
Yeah you try the civilized approach but all they react to is mass protest! Time to join the crowds!

I guess the good news is, where I fish you can’t get screwed much more! I can’t help thinking what was allowed to happen in the Sidney/ Gulf Island areas is only going to spread. One piece at a time folks!

When are we gonna realize law suits and actual blockades of major harbours etc is only way to get attention ...

Our sector will realize this when there is absolutely nothing left. We aren't far from that scenario. You mind as well have closed the whole fu**en year... Most fish in Aug will be bigger than 80cm. Then in September, with a handful of days where the winds will cooperate means we have perhaps a handful of days the entire year for a decent opportunity. Even at best, the north and south arm slow down after mid month so you technically have 2 weeks. Subtract windy days and you are done to a few days each year. Pathetic.

Back