Starboard

bigmeal

I Was wondering if anyone new where the best place to get starboard is in lower V.I. I'm looking into getting sheet of 1/2" off white starboard. Obviously I'm looking for the best price. Industrial Plastics quoted me $340 for a 4'6"x8' piece. I really only need a half sheet right now. Thanks

How small is small? they are all over 2' and one is 3'x2'. It is for my Arima. All the back panels near that surround the motor well.

Hey R.S., I bought a 1991 Sea Ranger 17. I love it. The perfect size boat for my needs. I fish with Tubbed Out all the time out of it and he seems pretty happy with it as well.

great boat very wide ... a little light ,but very little wood in thoses boats .

Whe took some decent waves in renny this summer .... really nice size boat fishes way bigger than it is

you lookin RS

Always looking...;)
actually want the 17' Seachaser but they're hard to come by.
1995 and newer come with the starboard interior.

R.S. Check out the states. That's the only way to get a well priced Arima. I got mine from Washington State and it was no problem bringing it across the border. So Do you know where I can get the Starboard material? Thanks

340 sounds expensive, but it's one of those products that are imported - more people handling it, more mark ups.
On the Arima forum website I see somebody cited a cost of $211 (US) a sheet.
Worth the drive?
Also saw a quote of $775 to have the Arima factory replace all the plywood with starboard.
Lots of people have replaced their plywood, check the forum and do a search for "starboard". http://arimaboatownersgroup.yuku.com/
This doesn't help you find a local source for starboard, but a couple of alternatives and perhaps some hints for working on the project.

Thanks guys for the help. I am currently looking at getting a better price from Industrial plastics. The thought of getting the pieces from Arima had occured to me and I will check it out further. I am a carpenter by trade and I love doing stuff like this. So there is a little more to it than just getting done for me. I was told Jim was the guy to talk to at Industrial Plastics West Marine suggested him.

What are you guys talking about?.......its free
go to the port side and look to your right

Sorry.... felt compelled to do that :)

I e-mailed Arima and they said they would do the panels for $225 american if I get the panels to them. That's a pretty incredible price. Now I have to figure out how to get the old ones to them and the new ones back for cheap.

Do you know anyone driving back and forth to Seattle for business ?
the panels in the back of a vehicle would likely go both ways
un-noticed, thereby saving duty, brokerage etc.

I have family that lives just across the water. I will have to call in a favour one of them owes me. I will see how that angle works.

Back