Best place to buy Starboard.

BigBird007

Crew Member
Where is the best place to buy Starboard in the Victoria area?

Probably going to need a sheet of 1/4 and one of 1/2 so looking for the best deal.

Appreciate the help!

i get mine from amazon.ca. they get it shipped from florida. havent found anything cheaper locally.

Plexi-klass right in downtown Victoria is where I always get it. Trotac is near them 2, and is great store.

Redwood plastic on mainland also carries it.

are all those places selling HDPE or starboard ? starboard is marine and UV stabilized treated HDPE.
normal HDPE will degrade in the sun.

are all those places selling HDPE or starboard ? starboard is marine and UV stabilized treated HDPE.
normal HDPE will degrade in the sun.

Plexi klass sells all different types, and redwood is the industrial supplier for mainland. I used Redwood for all of our engineering projects when we bought it at high volume. Portoptyping we used Plexi Klass.

Last edited:
Pj white is a wholesaler in Vic who sells it to those other shops

Thanks for the input!

Plexi-Klass does indeed sell the proper King Starboard. Picked up a small piece for my dash today and got a price and eta on sheet. Very helpful staff!

If anyone is wondering a sheet 54”x 96” x 1/4” is $200 and in 1/2” it is $400. I am looking for a none stocked colour so I will need to buy a full sheet.

That’s weekend worrier price, I am sure if you are buying in volume or have a company it would be less.

You can always go in and give it a shot....they take your money to.

I needed some starboard today,so I went to Trotac ,a 24x27 piece of 1/2" was 124.95.I thought that was high ,so I went to Plexiklass on John St.,it was $63 for a 24x28 piece.That's one hell of a markup at Trotac.I'll stick to buying tackle there from now on.

I needed some starboard today,so I went to Trotac ,a 24x27 piece of 1/2" was 124.95.I thought that was high ,so I went to Plexiklass on John St.,it was $63 for a 24x28 piece.That's one hell of a markup at Trotac.I'll stick to buying tackle there from now on.
Ya hit and miss at trotac mostly miss for me
So the plexiklass is the same stuff?

Plexiklass is the name of the store on John St. in Victoria,it sells name brand "Starboard" as well as lots of other kinds of "Plastic" products.Acrylic,plexiglass,cutting board mtl.,lexan etc..Cheapest I've found and run by a real nice couple.

Have any of you used 1/2" or 3/4" seaboard for flooring? I want to get rid of the vinyl covered marine ply and this stuff looks like it would be durable and easy to clean.

Back