Stamp River

K

kastinfool

Does anyone know the condition of the Stamp. I expect that is is very low due to the lack of rain. Any salmon running up yet?

Water's running ~ 20 Degrees C. Swim count last week saw a handfull of sox, TWO</u> summer-run steelhead, and nada for springs. So... On one hand we need the skywater to start falling and draw them up the flow, while on the other, the springs are staging nicely and basically sittin' ducks for those with the know how ;) Wouldn't mind if it held off for a short spell, that point blank fishing is a LOT of FUN!!!

Cheers,
Nog

Good to see your still round there Nog.. Looks like just enough drizzle to plug the canal, with warm temps. forecasted for the derby.. Hate to miss it but the last three weeks in the charlottes wore the dog out.. Good luck with the fest.-dirty

I walked the stamp last weekend..I have to say she is damn low and no fish except a couple sockeye. That wern't even any decent size.. I have seen some trout bigger out of there...
Some rain would do wonders for the fish numbers in the rivers...

aYup, I'm still around DirtDog :D
Until quite recently, doing a LOT more real fishin' than playing online. Took the coupler out of the Sea Ray at Pill - ~ 8 hours back on the kicker, but quite a few fish to hand on that drag. Been down for 5 days, and it HURTS! All the Boyz have been whaling Large short range, while I stare wistfully out at The Pond...
Picked her up and test ran today - like her name, a Dream that is!
Got The Shark back, hunting in the am...

The little bit of sky-water we got last night won't do diddly for the flow. Low 'n HOT, can't blame the fish for not wanting to slide into that hot tub!
Loads inside, and more on the way! Looks like she'll be a banner SlabFest for the derby!!

Cheers,
Nog

Nog

Thanks for the info on the river. Unfortunately, just as I expected. Bummer part is we are now living in the North Okanagan and have planned this trip for some time. I guess we will come anyway and at least enjoy the camping at the falls campground

Ex-islander

KF

Back