Stamp River Park

Hi everyone, I’ve just bought my first skagit line and fancy getting it wet. I’ve fished for salmon back in the UK and caught a couple but only using metal work so really looking forward to catching a pacific salmon on a fly.
I’m heading to the Stamp Park Campground for a few nights with the Mrs and just wondered if there’s any spots within walking distance worth a cast.
Thanks in advance.

Don't leave anything valuable in the car if you're not around. Been broken in to there before.

If you're staying at the stamp falls park there is a trail that runs from the parking lot up the river several kilometers to barker rd. If you look on google earth you can see the route of the trail. The first section of the trail is away from the river but after that it runs beside the river for most of its length and there are many spots you can wet a line. Be bear aware as there are lots along that river. Its a bit past the prime time of the run but there should still be fish to be found. If you walk down the trail the other way towards the falls there can be some great salmon viewing as the fish stack up below the falls, but you cant fish around the falls right now (check the regs) so leave your rod in camp for that part. Good luck and enjoy, great area

If you're staying at the stamp falls park there is a trail that runs from the parking lot up the river several kilometers to barker rd. If you look on google earth you can see the route of the trail. The first section of the trail is away from the river but after that it runs beside the river for most of its length and there are many spots you can wet a line. Be bear aware as there are lots along that river. Its a bit past the prime time of the run but there should still be fish to be found. If you walk down the trail the other way towards the falls there can be some great salmon viewing as the fish stack up below the falls, but you cant fish around the falls right now (check the regs) so leave your rod in camp for that part. Good luck and enjoy, great area
Thank you. Really appreciate it. Been stumbling across many a salmon carcass, well head and/or guts. Quite pretty to see a mother bear and two cubs across the river. Back home the apex predictor is a badger. If anything, I’m overly bear aware 😂 pretty scarey for an outsider to be honest. Will definitely explore that trail. Heard moneyspool is worth a look in? Worth a short drive? From what I’ve heard I can only compare British salmon fishing to steelhead fishing… if there were 1 1 10th of the steelhead if that makes sense. So I’m in it for the long haul. Don’t worry, big time catch and releaser, however, I wouldn’t mind holding on to a hatchery fish. Our freezer is small and I’m not greedy. That being said, just the thought of a salmon on fly would be a dream come true

Moneys pool is a good bet for summer and fall steelhead. Fish 1km upstream of Moneys to where the Ash comes in and downstream 1km of Moneys to blackrock pool. For shore fishing that stretch is about as good as it gets as long as the water isn't too high.

Back