Stamp River Anglers - Past, Present & Future

IronNoggin

HiYa Folks,

There has been some thought of late as to whether Fishing Forums might be able to help overcome the perception of general apathy (lack of attention, caring) amongst the Angling Community when it comes down to providing input regarding impending management decisions. And yes, that is the current perception alright, not only amongst the varying management authorities in this Provonce, but as well amongst many of us who invest time and energy to try and help make a difference.

To that end, an experiment of sorts is currently being conducted over on FishBC (with apologies to the Admin & Mods here - it was simply easier for me to run with this on the site I do help moderate). The question is whether those that do fish the Stamp, historically, currently, or are planning to, wish to see the current area bait prohibition lifted or remain in place. The survey itself may be of little consequence. BUT it is an opportunity for US, as the angling Community, to indicate whether we believe we can overcome that perception, and whether Fishing Forums in general might be able to help provide a liasion between management authorities seeking input, and the user groups they manage.

There have been more than a handfull from here that have recently enjoyed their experiences on our home river, and I suspect perhaps a few more with thoughts of doing the same shortly. So I felt it important to run this up here, and see if those same folks have enough interest in what happens over here to provide comment...

The survey can be found at: http://fishbcforum.com/index.php?showtopic=42334

Again, this is unlikely to have much effect on the current process that MOE is undertaking. BUT it IS an opportunity for US, the angling Community to show that we care enough to provide input towards such decisions, are willing to take five precious minutes out of our hectic lives, and provide input when that is being actively sought.

Hope to be hearing from at least a few of you out there...:D

Cheers,
Nog

Back