Stamp Chrome

yeap it is definatley closed...went fishn there last saturday afternoon and got nailed with a nice $250 fine[B)][V] my own stupidity should have known better.....:( there goes my new centerpin untill next payday[V] oh well all i can say is all this stuff about fisheries officers being jerks and what not i would have to disagree, he was a goodguy[^].....but yes the rains have deffinatly came:D and the game should be on pretty soon, plan on payin off my fine this thursday and hitting the bucket this weekend for some dentalwork[8D] well im outa here gotta work tomorrow fishn aint gettn no cheaper[:eek:)]

cheers steelyman

then where are you guys fishing???? in a boat or casting off the shore??

This might be a dumb question but what is flossing? Any fly pattern suggestions for the Stamp?

Thanks

GMac

if you wanna floss go to the island at somasspark......or the bucket just up from the rifflerange....its closed bellow arrowville campground.....goin fishn tonite, have an update on later tonite[^]

cheers steelyman:D

well the report is as follows....[}:)].....was into 2 coho at the bucket lost both, saw one sidebiter caught [V].....tons of fish in the main pool at the riffle range[^] well time for bed gotta work at 9 in mornin[^]

cheers steelyman

flossing kind of sucks but to each their own has anyone been getting ho's on spinners or spoons in the stamp

the confluence is full of fish hook up almost everycast bottom bounchin wool cheers steely

Hey Steelheadman,

How do you access the confluence? It seems likeprivate property over there. We hooked two at the gun range this afternoon but lost them, on a spoon.

Cheers

GMac

Thanks for the INFO CA

If my math is right this is where the Alberni Inlet systems stand; The native and commercial fishery has combined to catch 41850 Chinook, while only 9750 chinook have made it up river.

Perhaps its time to have a full closure for a year or two similar to the coho years ago. We may have to suck it up for a bit, it would be worth it.

TT

when there are closures are the natives still aloud to net in the rivers?

Good point SB. Too add Ive always thought when the stocks reach their home rivers, thats it, they have fought there way home. Enough is enough I say, it dosent take rocket science to figure it out. Let them survive, let them survive, the rewards will come later. BUT close the friggin freshwater fishery. Tough if those argue this point,If you want a salt water species,ie salmon, get rid of the nets, the boats, etc. Go to the chuck and do your fishing for whatever reason.

Still dwellingover this point. Total Tyee, your point is valid,extreme measures but valid. Probably a moot statement however it makes so much sense to me,correct me if Im completely out in left field, really simple, the salmon return to their home rivers,streams whatever to spawn/reproduce. We the sports fishers,commercial fishers and natives interrupt this process and destroy the cycle. Do the math if ALL fresh water salmon fishing was prohibited. So elementary that it boggles my mind.
One example, look at the commercial openings in the Fraser,nets as far as you can see, sports fishers lining the banks, and then the natives nets extending all the way to Hope. Do a boating trip from Island 22 to the Fraser/Harrison,nets everywhere.
I realize the Commercials have to make a living but I dont have a good answer for that,maybe for a year close the damn river,the government reimburses them as the farmers receive crop insurance for their losses.

I agree with your point as well! But dont get things mixed up, fishing were they spawn or fishing out in the ocean were they are feeding are not that different. They are still all headed to the same place. The fish you take from the ocean ultimately are heading up the rivers anyway. But I think finding a solution to fix the fishery will be damn near impossible even though i hope it happens. I definitely think that the natives should have the same rights as all and should not be allowed to net on a river!!!! Anyway I hope one day someone finds a good solution!!

We want to fish the salt and the fresh water. We want it all,well Im saying is fishing for salmon once they reach the fresh is off limits. Lets give a little. You got another alternative? Get mixed up like me and provide some input not an impression like its kinda alright to fish both waters cause its not. 3-5 yrs from now its going to end up like Pender/Egmont, Georgia St waters, Zilch....

otter your last post makes no sense read it over now when you say fresh water closure are you including sporty guys???and all salmon should be caught in salt water but get rid of the boats and nets so everyone will fish off shore??or is this what you mean if you can afford a boat a motor the gas and a truck and all the other goodies that go along with it you can catch a salmon

Darmin I see your point,I added the fact of sport fishers also lining the banks in conjunction with the boats and nets in the rivers.I know the sports guys take a minimum amount of fish compared to the NETS. With my frustration with the harvest of spawners in fresh water I included everybody ,I after reading it again realize I should have edited it more thoroughly. Bottom line, my point is get rid of the nets in fresh water. I know this will ruffle a lot of feathers but them thats just me.

Back