White Christmas or Green?

Clint r

Well, looks like it’s shaping up to be the first Green Christmas I’ve seen in my home town In the 56 years I’ve lived here. Last year at this time we had a couple feet of snow and was -28. This year……nearly no snow and minus 4 here today. That’s after nearly two weeks of 0 at night and plus 5-6 daytime. Wouldn’t believe it if I didnt see it myself. Whats it like where you live? IMG_7708.jpegIMG_7707.jpeg

Barely below zero at night and around 5-6 degrees during the day. We were up at the Hefley Creek area last week and the lakes weren’t iced over. It even rained quite a bit one night. Brown and green for the most part and I don’t like it! 😕 not looking good after the big drought and the wild fire season that we had in 2023.

1703490141916.jpeg
Near the Surrey Lake Summit last week. This area is usually covered with a few feet of snow by this point in the season.

No snow in the South Okanagan, the lake did partially freeze yesterday but no real winter in sight

Here in lumby we’re 9 degrees above average for this time of year. Incredibly the Lilacs and hazelnut bush’s are starting to bud. Crazy times.
IMG_7698.jpegIMG_7699.jpeg

Last edited:
Took the hound for a walk this morning and heard some frogs croaking in the pond behind the house. Nanaimo being green is not unusual, frogs out is another thing.
Is that an odd thing? They were going CRAZY at the golf course on Friday. Have to admit, it caught me off guard, but I didn't think much of the timing in the moment.

Back