Stamp Chrome

Anyone got any reports on how the coho fishing was over the weekend sinced it rained a fair amount. Was there quite a few fish pushing up the river? Any information is appreciated! [8D]

We spoon fished at the gun range on Monday, river is still pretty low even with the rain. I hooked a big black ugly chinook but no sign of cohos. Out of 4 or 5 other guys, no hook ups. We saw more two weeks ago. I think they're still holding out.

quote: http://scitech.pyr.ec.gc.ca/waterweb/formnav.asp
doesnt show the stamp or somass river levels, but if its the lowest its been in 75 years, ill wait for some rain, i like the river at the height it was 3 years ago(before the big dumping of rain), low enough to get within casting distance of the deep water but high enough for fish to swim by. caught lots of 10-20lb northern cohos. one night i got 8 in 1 hour

Mongoose, what time of year was it when you were catching these fish?

Was wondering if anyone manages to fish the Stamp River this weekend? I know it rained a decent amount and was wondering if this triggered a large amount of fish to come up? Any information appreciated!!!![8D]:D

Talked to the boy's today, 10,000 through the falls, about 50,000 shy at the same time last year. Rain didn't do alot to the west coast systems over the past few day's. Still lots jumping around Mactush, let's hope their headed for the hatchery.-cheers dirty

Hey dirtdog do you know how many more coho they are expecting by any chance? Thanks

Too answer both, the hatchery is uncertain like no other by the sounds of it.. From what I have heard of from the likes of Nog, fish ripining up that far out in early oct. sounds like ol' mothu nature is gonna deal us maggots a blow this season.
Mark one up for both insane logging practices and hatchery invasion over the last 20 or so years, sure starting to see the outcome.-if you can raise your glass to a cheers-dirty

p.s. Sounds like Tofino east is gonna receive a much welcomed amount of sky water with this low.. Saturation levels from what I have seen over the last week are close to optimal for one last fall effort for the angling.. Good luck to ya guy's->((((('>dirty

Back