stamp 2010

Ladyfisher, fisherman14, SnapT... you guys are great, you need your own thread though. Now please for the sake of THIS thread, shut up or add something useful for once!

I'm going to HYJACK this thread with a fishing report! I posted it a couple pages ago, but its buried now... maybe if we can get it back on track the powers at be wont erase it.

The Stamp river has been fishing well but only closer to the falls pool, below to the slide pool is good, but below the bucket its pretty poor. I fished the system two days ago, and the water is coming down nicely. With this rain hopefully it'll keep some colour in the water.

Not really sure what you're implying there... maybe I used the word "educate" one too many times?? or Etiquette? I've heard you might need an explanation on that one?

Nothing wrong with a passionate debate, it's part of the reason these forums were created. It's when people start to take opposition to their opinions personally that we have a problem.

Anyways, I was told not to waste my time on this forum and I think I should have listened... I was hoping for some intellectual banter, but can see that isn't going to be the case

Roger that.

Falls pools is HOT!!!

P.s I sleep with my sister as do many of the people from Alberta (where I was born), and Ontario (where i grew up)!

Pp.s its kinda funny that Lady fisher, and Snap T both just started posting ever, on this thread. Well Snap T, did make one other post. And you guys seem to know all kinds of stuff about the history of the drama that has unfolded over the last week.. Could this be fisherman 14 with multiple personalities? or did he call up his homies once all kinds of people who had never met ian started defending him and he was out numbered? either way, its amusing.

The personal attacks are mature and really show your true colors. inbred!! what are you going to tell me next? your dad can beat up my dad? or that my mom dropped me on my head when i was little? or that my wife is fat? I know its gotta be one of those.

Last edited by a moderator:
So much of this silliness apparently came out of a concern for the wellbeing of those who make a few bucks guiding on the Stamp. So, can someone explain how making the entire town of Port Alberni look like it's populated by nothing but selfish, bad tempered, aggressive, self-righteous, closed minded, bad smelling, elitist, sniveling yokels be good for their business?

Also, I still don't understand how anyone can expect to get privacy on the stamp. It's the industrial steelhead river on VI, and it's stocked on a use it or loose it basis, so heavy pressure is actually good for fishing there.

Nor can I understand how anyone who participates on an internet fishing forum can also be surprised that some people actually talk about spots or species on line, or post pictures or vids. I don't like everything on here either, but there's northing to be done about it.

Nor can I understand how people get called out for speaking up to support their friends.

I am also surprised to hear a person who reports threats against them to the police described as a "punk" -doesn't that better describe the threatener than the victim?

And, I'm surprised to see that the side that won the jet debate on here is now going out of its way be a$$holes, while the apparent looser is taking the high road. I have never seen worse winners than you people. It's the likes of you who wreck these forums -- forums which can otherwise provide an open venue for constructive discussions about fishing. Sure, sometimes things get heated, but most of you must be more then 12 years old, so I'd expect you to know when to cool off.

For those of you who aren't up on your regs or your common sense, let me fill in a few points. First, none of you have special rights to the Stamp, no matter where you live or how long you've been fishing. Second, no one is born knowing the regs; when new fishers mess up give them encouragement by helping them improve, both in technique and in knowledge of the regs. And if that doesn't work then report them; don't make a debate out of it on here. That will only stir up *****. And you don't need to publicize your own heroics in knowing the regs or turning in poachers either. Just do it and be done with it. Third, neither jets nor their opponents aren't going anywhere. All of you need to reconcile yourselves to that fact, peel your fingers of the keyboard, and grab a rod. Any rod. And there are lots of other sites to help you with that. Just move on and let the rest of us have this forum back.

It totally defeats the purpose of these sites when anyone who says anything beyond "any reports?" gets $hit on from all directions. If you don't like public discussions of fishing it must be very difficult for you to log in here, and I'm sorry for you. If you really hate the freshwater section, petition the mods to disable it. But for god's sake, leave the rest of us alone to talk and read about FISHING until you succeed in that greater battle. To be honest, very few of us are interested in your opinions on other members of the forum or the fishing community. So please, keep them to yourselves.

I am giving you an AMEN S2......

Thanks for taking the time...
10.gif

Mods Please Nuke this thread....or parts of it

Btw -steelhead- I think you should stay.... And not participate in the crap that I am now LOL

I like people...but its right....
dogtags.jpg

12.gif

Is there a way for the mods to take all posts from "youngsteelheader"'s last night and on and put them into a different thread? Perhaps title it... "reading this will surely be a waste of your time"? lol

what did i ever do or say to you lady, i never called anyone an idiot,threatened, or insulted anyone i actually posted a new thread about my love for steelhead fishing, how did i get dragged into this, and you said this is a debate site, critcism is not a synonym for debate
why u hating on me, like i said i dont mind posting pics with my face cause im not a computer tough guy

i was just curious about if jets were allowed on the sproat, maybe i worded it in the wrong way but when u write things like my posts are surely be wasting your time, how can i not assume that is targeted at me. i have no intention to have beef with fellow anglers like you i just want to learn as much as i can about steelheading and am curious about issues concerning our resourse

My apologies, the wording was a little off, I'm usually much more eloquent than that. What I meant by my post was to ask was if there was any way for the mods to take all the posts from yours last night, and those that followed, and separate them into a new thread, thus avoiding the people complaining about going off-topic. I didn't mean that your post was a waste of time, but was referring to pretty much everything that followed, including my own posts and responses...

Ugh... might as well take this moment to apologize to anyone I may have offended today, although how anyone can be offended by my own personal opinions is beyond me... 3rd trimester + lack of sleep + hormones + general boredom = one opinionated girl!

Forgotten! Lets just keep it civil and nix the bashing and we're good to go.

I'm gonna be looking for the wrestling on the beach over the next couple days..LOL
Lets go back to hating jets. It's way less confrontational.

whats up with u fisherman 14, do u take pleasure in insulting other people, i never fished the stamp this weekend and when i do i hike the upper river, i dont care if there is jets on the stamp cause it doesnt affect my life but i was just wondering if its legal for people to have jets on the sproat.... i never even said it was a guide boat... i post pics all the time with my face in it cause im not a computer tough guy and not starting beef with people just asking questions ...

for one thing... whos trying to be a tough guy? what was your intentions with the post about the jet on the sproat? cause as soon as i or anyone else saw it knew that it would turn into another arguement. now... about good ol tristan. i was there the day that ladyfisher is talking about. yest he kept his 2 steelhead and then a guy from cowichan told him nicely to stop fishing because of the 2 kills. why not let him know what the regulations read. oh and when i walked down the trail that day and saw his first kill, i noticed it was a beatiful chrome WILD steelhead. now kid me if i'm wrong but isn't that kind of ilegal? so... in a matter of a week the kid broke 3 offences. fished before opening day, kept fishing after 2 kills, and one fish kept was a wild steely. and you guys want us fisherman to take it easy on him when we see stuff like that? wow pretty sure all you so called great guys on the river would have said something too. and yes i didn't appreciate seeing the videos plastered on youtube. i take videos myself of some catches. but sure don't have to tell or show the world where i was fishing. usually something to show the buddies on the river. as for cops being involved ian... wow i can't believe you called those guys up and opened a file over this lol. pretty sure your buddy lorne was threatening more then anyone here.

Falls pools is HOT!!!

P.s I sleep with my sister as do many of the people from Alberta (where I was born), and Ontario (where i grew up)!

Pp.s its kinda funny that Lady fisher, and Snap T both just started posting ever, on this thread. Well Snap T, did make one other post. And you guys seem to know all kinds of stuff about the history of the drama that has unfolded over the last week.. Could this be fisherman 14 with multiple personalities? or did he call up his homies once all kinds of people who had never met ian started defending him and he was out numbered? either way, its amusing.

The personal attacks are mature and really show your true colors. inbred!! what are you going to tell me next? your dad can beat up my dad? or that my mom dropped me on my head when i was little? or that my wife is fat? I know its gotta be one of those.

you really think i have nothing else better to do other then sit here and argue with you? nevermind making up new accounts lol. maybe just maybe other people know how ian is and have been sitting on the sidelines through this all and just couldn't help but speak their mind also. and whats amusing is when it seemed everything has been settled down... youngsteelheader has to go and spark it all up again with his comment lol. but i'm sure you already knew that one but didn't care much right?

oh and ian... don't worry about the cops. they heard my side of the story and now chuckle lol. they have seen your MULTIPLE threats on other sites and have now turned their attention to you so don't bother trying that one again. remember... i know alot more people then you think i do. and thats not meant as a threat like i'm going to take a bunch of people down to the falls with me so don't get too worked up about it. i just mean that information isn't that hard to come by

you really think i have nothing else better to do other then sit here and argue with you?

well.. if you look at pretty much anything you have posted in the last week, i would say the answer is yes. Cant you get banned for constant harassment and personal attacks?

Heading to the stamp tommorrow:) Should have a report for you guys.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ryPriNmd6Lg

I only have one thing left to say ^^^^^

Last edited by a moderator:
Back