St. Mary's Lake

Weinstein

Anyone have any good spots on St. Mary's for shoreline fishing, thinking of a good picnic spot with a chance of catching something!

Cheers

There is one small place on a limestone shelf east of the launch that might work, you have to walk down through the screen of brush, a little bit of room for a picnic occasionally Bass off the ledge.

It's a popular swimming spot that you should have for yourself.

imgp0742mj2.th.jpg

That is one spot you can try, but the area is very small there. On the west side of the lake there is a road that runs down the shoreline. Near the end of the road is a good size area, the fishing from shore there is pretty good. I know the lake well, I grew up on it.

Do you know the name of the road?I'm thinking of going over this fall for some decent size 'bows. My second question...is Marys restricted to electric motors?

Thanks.

Do you know the name of the road?I'm thinking of going over this fall for some decent size 'bows. My second question...is Marys restricted to electric motors?

Thanks.

not sure the name of the road, but i do know that it is electric only.

quote:Originally posted by rico

Thanks,saves me loading the 9.9 into the truck. :)

The name of the road on the West side of the lake is Tripp road. The road that runs down the east side of the lake is called north end road. BTW, most of the trout in the lake, are cuthroats. I used to get trout over 20" in St. Mary's pretty regularly. I think the larger ones are getting harder to come by these days. So please be kind and release the larger ones. Someone illegally stocked yellow perch in the lake a while back and I think it has hurt the trout fishing. Good luck, and hopefully you may pick up some Bass too. Bass are a blast to catch on a fly rod.

Back