Spun prop zinga!!

23Hourston

Ya so... so much crap in sooke area water last few days I hit some wood and zing. Still able to plain just need another couple of weeks out of her
Question is does anyone have a part number for a replacement hub for short Volvo penta 270 prop. Yes I have a press

I had a spun prop . Took it in to the prop shop..... guy said they don't do spun volvo props … too much work

I got no problem doing the work. Going nurse it for a few more trips. Guess I will start calling around

Good rule of thumb is a spun hub won't get the boat on plane and the condition will be repeatable.

Floating debris is notorious for imitating a spun hub. It gets trapped against the leg, breaks up the water flow to the prop and causes it to lose it's bite. Of course the debris typically falls away once you back off leaving you wondering what just happened.

I had a spun prop . Took it in to the prop shop..... guy said they don't do spun volvo props … too much work

The old style was a canister installed with epoxy, it was an expensive part and a labour intensive job. Later they switched to a compression fit which is simpler but requires special equipment.

Ya talked to guy at Vic prob says if it’s planning it’s not spun but I may have bent the prop up a bit. Pulling boat oct 1 for the winter. Thanks for the info guys

Back