Springs in the spring..... in Alaska

marshal

Hi guys,

Turns out the wife has me on a cruise up to Alaska at the end of May..... I'm not complaining, but I'd rather be fishing.

I'm hoping to get a half day in along the way, at one of our stops.

Any idea where best to wet a line in the saltchuck..... Ketchikan, Juneau, or Skagway (Haines)??

I'd be willin to bet Ketchican would be your best bet for that time of year.Fished that area 2nd week of June and did real well for salmon and it is always excellent hali fishing around there.

Ketchikan has some of the best fishing in Alaska so almost any of the charter operations are OK. Just Google "Ketchikan fishing charters" and all kinds of places will pop up that cater to cruise ship stopovers. Chinook runs start about mid-May, so you should be there about the right time. Be sure to check with your cruise line about how you're going to get your catch back to Vancouver.....

An Alaskan cruise is fun...just don't try to eat your fare. Take the narrow gauge train tour from Skagway into BC, and dress warmly during the visit to Glacier Bay - watching icebergs calve is spectacular.

You'll have a great time.

Back